We’re looking for an experienced leader and developer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology and the ability to inspire those around them through their words and actions. They will be a leader, a mentor, and a contributor. They will understand that development is art and that passionate developers are craftsmen.
Brad’s Deals is changing the way consumers shop. Every day we help millions of people to make better purchasing decisions.
Our technology team is data-driven and focused on innovation. We believe that technologists should be leading the way forward.
This is an opportunity to apply the absolute latest in languages, tools and techniques and to guide the direction of entirely new platforms and systems.
- Recruit, mentor and support the development of craftsmen developers
- Work with the development team to establish and apply engineering best practices around test driven development, pairing, code reviews, continuous integration, and automated deployment
- Architect high-level approaches to key applications and components
- Recommend and pilot programs for implementing new languages, tools, practices and trainings that drive new capabilities and improve the craft of software development
- Work directly with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify ways of leveraging technology to solve business problems
- Participate in the planning, analysis, design, development and deployment of products, features and enhancements
- Build high-performance, scalable applications and APIs
- Create clean, maintainable and tested code
- Expert level skills in Ruby, Python, or Java
- Strong command of object oriented and functional programming patterns
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Experience implementing agile development practices, including test driven development, continuous integration, and iterative development
- Experience with MVC development frameworks
- A strong understanding of relational databases, document stores, and key-value stores
- Experience architecting and developing high availability, horizontally scalable web applications and APIs
- Strong communication skills
No phone calls or recruiters, please.