Email Marketing Manager
The Email Marketing Manager will be responsible for the build, deployment and post campaign reporting of all email marketing campaigns for BradsDeals.com. This role reports to the Director of CRM and Email Marketing and supports the Email Marketing team in all email production, planning and implementation. We will also look to the Email Marketing Manager to work alongside our technical, creative, strategy and account teams to help develop and streamline our email operation processes.
- Manage the planning, development and execution of email marketing programs, including brand messaging, segmented and triggered campaigns and refine strategies based upon market changes, test results and findings
- Analyze key email performance metrics (deliverability, opens, clicks, unsubscribes, subscriptions etc.) Address any significant variances and provide recommendations for improvements
- Leverage email marketing tools to develop transactional, promotional, and informational content strategies that maximize customer retention, lead nurturing, and up-sell programs
- Develop an email acquisition strategy and execution
- Map out segmentation and contact strategy based on customer preference, past email performance and marketing objectives
- Partner with Editorial and Partner Relations teams in developing new email campaign targeting strategies
- Ensure compliance with CAN-SPAM regulations
- Bachelor degree required, Marketing or Business-related major preferred. MBA is a plus
- 5+ years relevant email marketing and direct to consumer marketing experience required; retail, e-commerce industry or email marketing agency preferred
- Working knowledge of email sending system (e.g. Responsys, ExactTarget) and email delivery platform (e.g. Return Path) required
- Working knowledge of HTML is a plus
- Provide quality assurance on creative deliverables; strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; strives for high degree of precision
- Comfortable with fast-paced working environment; and work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Able to work independently, yet can also collaborate effectively with larger team
- Strong communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Data manipulation, working in MS Excel and/or Tableau reporting
Shop Smart, one of Forbes’ 100 Most Promising Companies and a 101 Chicago Best and Brightest Organization, publishes deals and coupons from national retailers across a network of sites. The flagship, Brad’s Deals, is the largest editorial-driven deal site with over 5m monthly unique visitors.
Launched in 2002, the rapidly growing company has changed the way millions of consumers shop and is a leader in our space and in the Chicago technology community. We have relationships with over 2,500 top retailers (Amazon, Target, Dell, etc.), exposure to over 50M consumers a year and a consistent national media presence (USA Today, Today Show, WSJ, MSNBC).
The job is entrepreneurial, evolving and fun in a flexible and informal environment but requires top-tier work and dedication. The pay is competitive and full benefits (health, 401k, FSA, transportation allowance, etc.) will be provided.
The company is headquartered in Chicago’s River North neighborhood blocks from the highway and several train stations. The option of working from home, virtually, may be possible at times.