Digital Marketing Manager – Display
The Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for customer acquisition strategy and implementation through Display channel (esp. Display with direct response marketing and sophisticated targeting, e.g. paid facebook/paid social), and deliver against new email subscriber and mobile app user volume, quality, and ROI on a quarterly basis. This role reports to Director of Customer Acquisition.
- Support acquisition strategy development that will deliver hyper growth and lead tactical execution of display advertising with direct response marketing and targeting, e.g. paid facebook/paid social
- Create A/B testing plan, lead the implementation to optimize campaigns, redesign creative and promote value proposition
- Plan email optimization A/B testing roadmap and lead the implementation from pre-test analysis, to test design, to execution, to statistical measurement and post-test analysis
- Work closely with finance and data operations team on pacing acquisition spend and ROI, forecast, customer analytics, attribution tracking, while closely monitoring and reporting key metrics and develop immediate action plans to optimize campaign performance
- Make recommendations to executive team of strategies, roadmaps, and operating plans for customer acquisition and conversion
- Works closely with Product, Business Intelligent and IT teams to develop and execute on roadmap of functional and technological capability enhancements to drive marketing spend efficiency and better customer experience
- Closely watch the competitive landscape and best practices and proactively react to market actions and customer needs by improving plans and operational activities.
- 6+ years of experience in online or e-commerce marketing with a focus in customer acquisition
- At least 3 years of experience in planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets; Prior marketing budget management of $5MM+ preferred
- Proven success in managing display advertising with direct response marketing and targeting, paid Facebook/paid social, media buying, bidding, and online merchandising
- Expertise in Facebook Ad Manager and Google Analytics
- Experience in developing highly targeted campaigns based on data and analytics
- Experience in planning, implementing and measuring A/B testing and related statistics
- Data manipulation, working in MS Excel and/or Tableau reporting; working knowledge of statistics; SQL skills is a plus
- Skilled in qualitative and quantitative analysis to identify issues, trends, or exceptions and make recommendations to drive strategic and tactical improvements
- Proactive, highly-organized self-starter with strong project management skills
- Comfortable with fast-paced working environment; Highly resourceful, and work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Very hands-on with the tactics; can-do approach and willing to be held accountable for business results
- Excellent written, verbal, negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong relationship management skills – with individuals at all levels and in all departments of the organization
- Provide quality assurance on creative deliverables; strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
Shop Smart, one of Forbes’ 100 Most Promising Companies and a 101 Chicago Best and Brightest Organization, publishes deals and coupons from national retailers across a network of sites. The flagship, Brad’s Deals, is the largest editorial-driven deal site with over 5m monthly unique visitors.
Launched in 2002, the rapidly growing company has changed the way millions of consumers shop and is a leader in our space and in the Chicago technology community. We have relationships with over 2,500 top retailers (Amazon, Target, Dell, etc.), exposure to over 50M consumers a year and a consistent national media presence (USA Today, Today Show, WSJ, MSNBC).
The job is entrepreneurial, evolving and fun in a flexible and informal environment but requires top-tier work and dedication. The pay is competitive and full benefits (health, 401k, FSA, transportation allowance, etc.) will be provided.
The company is headquartered in Chicago’s River North neighborhood blocks from the highway and several train stations. The option of working from home, virtually, may be possible at times.