Manager, Marketing Analytics
The Marketing Analytics Manager will be responsible for marketing analytics, customer segmentation, campaign performance reporting and A/B testing measurement. This role reports to VP of Marketing.
- Translate business questions into analytic hypotheses, data needs and reporting requirements
- Conduct deep-dive analysis and provide actionable insights drawn from quantitative and qualitative information and historical trends to help drive business decisions and improve KPIs
- Develop email and mobile push funnel performance Domo or Tableau dashboard and automation; acquisition channel and campaign performance reporting and automation
- Analyze campaign results and work closely with marketing and finance teams to optimize the allocation of spend across different marketing channels based on volume, quality and ROI
- Create customer RFM segmentation, subscriber health, LTV, marketing spend pay-back analysis and CRM analytics
- Be the liaison between marketing team and Data Operations team; act as business owner of email and mobile push engagement data
- Lead A/B testing implementation from pre-test analysis, to test design, to execution, to statistical measurement and post-test analysis
- Bachelor degree required, preferably Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or Business-related field; Master’s Degree or MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in online or e-commerce marketing with a focus in analytics
- Expertise in data warehouse technologies, such as RedShift, Teradata, Oracle, MySQL & Hive; Excellent SQL programming skills
- Working experience with Domo, Tableau or any similar reporting tools
- Working experience with R, or SAS; strong statistics knowledge and experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills with business partners and technical teams
- Experience in developing targeting for email, mobile campaigns; Deep understanding in personalization is a must
- Experience in planning, implementing and measuring email optimization A/B testing and related statistics
- Skilled in qualitative and quantitative analysis to identify issues, trends, or exceptions and make recommendations to drive strategic and tactical improvements
- Working experience in planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets
- Comfortable with fast-paced working environment; and work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong relationship management skills – with individuals at all levels and in all departments of the organization
- Proactive, highly-organized self-starter with strong project management skills
- Attention to details; Provide quality assurance on creative deliverables; strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
Shop Smart, one of Forbes’ 100 Most Promising Companies and a 101 Chicago Best and Brightest Organization, publishes deals and coupons from national retailers across a network of sites. The flagship, Brad’s Deals, is the largest editorial-driven deal site with over 5m monthly unique visitors.
Launched in 2002, the rapidly growing company has changed the way millions of consumers shop and is a leader in our space and in the Chicago technology community. We have relationships with over 2,500 top retailers (Amazon, Target, Dell, etc.), exposure to over 50M consumers a year and a consistent national media presence (USA Today, Today Show, WSJ, MSNBC).
The job is entrepreneurial, evolving and fun in a flexible and informal environment but requires top-tier work and dedication. The pay is competitive and full benefits (health, 401k, FSA, transportation allowance, etc.) will be provided.
The company is headquartered in Chicago’s River North neighborhood blocks from the highway and several train stations. The option of working from home, virtually, may be possible at times.