Manager, Marketing Analytics
Are you a marketing analytics leader who is passionate about driving data insights to help shape up marketing strategy and implementation? Would you like to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and be part of growing performance-driven marketing team? If your answers are yes, we would love to hear from you.
Leading the marketing analytics team, this Senior Manager/Manager will be in charge of all analytics and reporting related aspects for the entire performance marketing team, incl. digital paid spend optimization, customer segmentation, campaign targeting, email channel performance reporting and A/B testing etc. This role would expect tremendous career growth and will be reporting directly into the VP of Marketing.
- Translate business questions into analytic hypotheses, data needs and reporting requirements
- Conduct deep-dive analysis and provide actionable insights drawn from quantitative and qualitative information and historical trends to help drive business decisions and improve KPIs
- Analyze campaign results and work closely with marketing and finance teams to optimize the paid media spend across different marketing channels based on volume, quality and ROI
- Create customer RFM segmentation, subscriber health, LTV, marketing spend pay-back analysis and CRM analytics
- Develop email and mobile push funnel performance Domo or Tableau dashboard and automation; acquisition channel and campaign performance reporting and automation
- Be the liaison between marketing team and Data Operations team; act as business owner of email and mobile push engagement data
- Lead A/B testing implementation from pre-test analysis, to test design, to execution, to statistical measurement and post-test analysis
- Bachelor degree preferred, preferably Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or Business-related field; Master’s Degree or MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in online, e-commerce, or performance marketing with a focus in analytics
- Skilled in qualitative and quantitative analysis to identify issues, trends, or exceptions and make recommendations to drive strategic and tactical improvements
- Working experience in data warehouse technologies, such as Amazon RedShift, Teradata, MySQL, etc; Excellent SQL programming skills
- Working experience in budgeting, forecasting, and basic financial modeling
- Experience in planning, implementing and measuring email optimization A/B testing and related statistics
- Knowledge in Domo, Tableau or similar analytics visualization and reporting tools
- Understanding of machine learning and data science is a plus
- Proactive, highly-organized self-starter with strong project management skills
- Comfortable with fast-paced working environment and working under pressure with tight deadlines
- Attention to details and strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong relationship management skills – with individuals at all levels and in all departments of the organization
Shop Smart, one of Forbes’ 100 Most Promising Companies and a 101 Chicago Best and Brightest Organization, publishes deals and coupons from national retailers across a network of sites. The flagship, Brad’s Deals, is the largest editorial-driven curated shopping guide site with ever-growing monthly unique visitors.
Launched in 2002, the rapidly growing company has changed the way millions of consumers shop and is a leader in our space and in the Chicago technology community. We have relationships with over 2,500 top retailers (Amazon, Target, Dell, etc.), exposure to over 50M consumers a year and a consistent national media presence (USA Today, Today Show, WSJ, MSNBC).
The job is entrepreneurial, evolving and fun in a flexible and informal environment but requires top-tier work and dedication. The pay is competitive and full benefits (health, 401k, FSA, transportation allowance, etc.) will be provided.
The company is headquartered in Chicago’s River North neighborhood blocks from the highway and several train stations. The option of working from home, virtually, may be possible at times.