Performance Marketing Copywriter
The Performance Marketing Copywriter will be responsible for writing compelling, clear and strategic copy that drives business results and supports key marketing initiatives while maintaining Brad’s Deal brand image, vision and voice.
- Research online shopper and consumers’ behavior and needs, and quickly apply Brad’s Deals brand image, value proposition and voice of customers into marketing communications/collaterals
- Support customer acquisition team to create clear and strong messaging and call-to-action in display advertising creative and video
- Work closely with customer retention team to develop engaging and performance-driven messaging for emails contents and subject lines, landing pages, social and blog assets
- Communicate complex financial concepts using punchy, conversational language.
- Analyze marketing campaign performance and integrate learnings into copywriting across various channels
- Support blogging team by crafting SEO-driven headlines, lede copy, and research-based article pitches
Skill & Qualifications
- 5+ years of performance marketing copywriter experience at an advertising or marketing agency, or in-house creative team
- Working experience in direct response copywriting.
- Proactive, highly-organized self-starter
- Comfortable with fast-paced working environment
- Highly resourceful, and work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Focused on customer’s needs; Passionate about storytelling and thinking outside the box to create impactful marketing campaigns and materials
Shop Smart, one of Forbes’ 100 Most Promising Companies and a 101 Chicago Best and Brightest Organization, publishes deals and coupons from national retailers across a network of sites. The flagship, Brad’s Deals, is the largest editorial-driven deal site with over 5m monthly unique visitors.
Launched in 2001, the rapidly growing company has changed the way millions of consumers shop and is a leader in our space and in the Chicago technology community. We have relationships with over 2,500 top retailers (Amazon, Target, Dell, etc.), exposure to over 50M consumers a year and a consistent national media presence (USA Today, Today Show, WSJ, MSNBC).
The job is entrepreneurial, evolving and fun in a flexible and informal environment but requires top-tier work and dedication. The pay is competitive and full benefits (health, 401k, FSA, transportation allowance, etc.) will be provided.
The company is headquartered in Chicago’s River North neighborhood blocks from the highway and several train stations. The option of working from home, virtually, may be possible at times