Monday, April 22nd 2013 will be the 43rd Earth Day. Senator Gaylord Nelson from Wisconsin started Earth Day in 1970 an it has become a worldwide day of self-reflection and awareness of our diminishing resources. The theme for Earth Day 2013 is "The Face of Climate Change". Earthday.org is collecting images of people and animals around the world affected by climate change. You don't have to go out and buy a rain barrel or start riding your bike in order to celebrate Earth Day. Even one person taking a small step to preventing climate change is important.
In the spirit of BradsDeals and Earth Day together, we've compiled a list of places that will reward you for your green behavior.
- Free entrance at National Parks April 22-26 at.
- Free Coffee at Starbucks when you bring your reusable mug. Starbucks did this giveaway last year and probably will again this year, but we've gotten no official word on it. It never hurts to try!
- Free Coffee at Caribou Coffee. Although Caribou announced last week that they are closing their Chicago and other Illinois/Midwest locations, you can still get your free coffee when you bring in a reusable tumbler. Hopefully the stores that will be closing will still be honoring this promotion, it's worth giving it a try! Gain some extra karma points by liking Caribou on Facebook. For every new like their sponsors will plant a fruit tree in Central or South America.
- Get a free packet of seeds at Pottery Barn Kids. Pottery Barn wants to plant 50,000 trees and you can help them! Proceeds from the sale of select lunch products will be donated to Trees for the Future.
- Recycle your clothing and get a discount at H&M. All year long you can donate up to two bags of clothing in any brand to any H&M store and receive a voucher for 15% off an item for each bag you bring in. Since spring is a little late this year, this is a great time to clean out any winter clothes that you didn't wear this season and make room for your new items.
- Free Brave or Cars 2 Reusable bag at The Disney Store when you bring in 5 plastic bags to recycle.
- Free reusable bags and sustainable product coupon book worth $40 at Target on Sunday 4/21. Target will be giving out 1.5 million reusable bags, approximately 250,000 of them will contain samples for sustainable products.
- Free reusable tote bag at JoAnn to the first 50 customers.
- Get $10 in organic coupons and a reusable bag when you bring in plastic bags to recycle at Wegmans. The bag exchange takes place on Saturday, April 20 from 11 a.m.- 3 p.m. for the first 300 customers.
- Free tomato seed packets at Lowe's. The last few years Lowe's has given away free trees on Earth Day but this year they are downsizing to tomato seeds. Call your local store to see if they are participating.
- Nail polish exchange at Zoya. From April 19-26 you can order between 6 and 25 Zoya nail polishes for half off when you send back other brands of nail polish that are not Big5Free using code ZOYAEARTH2013.
If you know of any freebies that we've missed, let us know in the comments below. Pay attention though, Earth Day 2011 also fell on April 22nd. We saw a lot of people posting freebies from 2 years ago that aren't good anymore.
Follow BradsDeals on Facebook
Follow @BradsDeals on Twitter
Subscribe to Brad's Daily Alerts for the latest deals, shopping tips and more!