It’s time to fire up the grill, load up the cooler, dust off those American Flag Zubaz, and keep hands and eyes away from the bottle rockets. Independence Day is back (no, not the supposedly upcoming Will Smith-less sequel to Roland Emmerich’s 1996 alien invasion blockbuster) and along with it a bevy of sales to satisfy your summer shopping needs.
But with so many options, so many deals and discounts to choose from, how can you be sure you’re getting the best deal? Not only that, but how can you be sure you won’t pull the trigger on some seemingly unbeatable deal only turn around in a month or two and see that you could have saved even more?
Worry not. That’s what our team here at BradsDeals are for. We locked ourselves inside the office for the past week (PLEASE: SEND HELP OR MORE COFFEE AND MAYBE SOME PIZZA AND SOME DEODORANT IF IT’S NOT TOO MUCH TROUBLE BUT THE COFFEE AND PIZZA ARE A PRIORITY THANKS) in order to scour every digitized inch of the web for the best possible 4th of July Weekend deals.
From discounts on in-season clothing and money-back offers at banks, to free food at your some of your favorite restaurants, to the best deals on electronics at big-box retailers, we’ve got you covered this 4th of July Weekend.
Now’s the time to get your hands on those big-ticket electronics, appliances, outdoor furniture and patio items, so long as you remember to heed my previously stated advice and keep those hands away from any fireworks. While the Holiday Season (and its rowdy step-sibling fondly known as Black Friday) are typically the best time to purchase a HDTV, retailers are still looking to move 2012 models and any stagnant inventory they didn’t move in the past 6 months.
- Best Buy: The electronics giant is currently hosting their 4th of July Savings Event, with sales on HDTVs, video games, digital cameras, and major appliances. Make a point of checking their Deals Of The Day for rotating flash-sales on in-demand items that you may not expect to find big savings on.
- Sears: The place to go if you’re looking for huge 4th of July weekend sales on appliances, grills, tools, and patio furniture. Also, if you’re shopping online you’ll be able to save an additional 10% on select items.
- Kohl’s: With their Star Spangled Savings event, Kohl’s is taking up to 50% off of men’s, women’s, and children’s clothing, kitchen and dining essentials, and 40-60% off of Sonoma outdoor patio furniture. They’re also offering between 60-70% on men’s dress apparel. Pair these deals with any of these Kohl’s coupons, like this 10% sitewide coupon, to further your savings.
Dining Deals & Discounts
It may be the 4th of July, but you can only consume so many hot-dogs and hamburgers before you’re loading up the car in search of an alternate means of nourishment. Just be thankful that those red, white, and blue Zubaz have an elastic waistband.
- Outback Steakhouse: Our brothers from down-undah will be offering a free Bloomin’ Onion on the 4th of July, as well as an additional 10% discount for all Military Mates (with a valid military ID).
- Jamba Juice: Buy one smoothie, get one free through July 7th. That’s double the opportunity to let the juice loose.
- Boston Market: New England’s kings of home cookin’ are offering 50% off all Family Meals on Thursday, July 4th.
- Omaha Steaks: This is, hands down, my favorite deal of the bunch and one worthy of Ron Swanson. If you’re looking to keep the grill going and want to up the decadence quotient, Omaha Steaks has a couple deals and coupons you can combine to ensure that you most certainly won’t go hungry this holiday weekend. The Grand Grillers Gift, originally $188, drops to $79.99 for a limited time. It includes 2 (5 oz.) Filet Mignons, 2 (6 oz.) Top Sirloins, 4 (4 oz.) Boneless Pork Chops, 4 Boneless Chicken Breasts (1 lb. pkg.), 8 (3 oz.) Gourmet Jumbo Franks, 4 (4 oz.) Omaha Steaks Burgers, and 4 (5.75 oz.) Stuffed Baked Potatoes. Plus, once you spend $76 or more, you’re automatically gifted 4 FREE Burgers and 4 FREE Jumbo Franks. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a new notch to drill into my belt.
Apparel / Other
As we approach the end of summer and back-to-school shopping season, clothing retailers will be anticipating the arrival of fall collections, leading them to start clearing out their spring / summer looks. Expect savings on everything from swimwear and sandals to anything with short sleeves so that you can revamp your summer wardrobe for less.
- PacSun: If you’re looking for beach-going and pool-side gear, it would seem PacSun has you covered. Their 4th of July BOGO Sale is a buy one get one free selection of men’s and women’s shorts, boardshorts, and markdowns. They’re also offering a buy one get one 50% off deal on select men’s & women’s apparel through July 7th. Also, get free shipping on any order when you use the promo-code FIREWORKS.
- Nautica: It’s not all horizontal stripes and boat-shoes, you know. In addition to their ongoing Summer Sale, Nautica are offering an additional 40% off with the purchase of 4 items or more with the promo-code “JULY 4”.
- Bath & Body Works: In the midst of their Semi-Annual Sale, where you can save up to 75% on select items online and in-store, B&BW is also offering an additional 20% off storewide when you use the promo-code “BEACHES13” through July 8th.
Here’s an interesting one that doesn’t fit in with the other deals we’ve dug up in our search for the upcoming holiday weekend’s best savings.
- CHASE Bank: In need of a place to put all that money you’ll be saving with these 4th of July deals? Open a new Chase Total Checking account (account minimum of $25), setup direct deposit, use this Chase Total Checking coupon and you’ll receive $200 into your new account within 10 business days of your first direct deposit transaction.
Patience Is A Virtue That Your Wallet Respects
While there’s little doubt as to the quality and volume of deals to be had this Independence Day Weekend, there are still a couple items you’ll want to try to avoid purchasing, even if the savings listed by retailers are enticing.
While schools may already be sending out class schedules and supply lists, now is not the time to try to and beat the back-to-school rush. Come August and even into September, retailers will be offering up far more enticing deals, translating to better savings. Except if, you know, you come across a really killer pencil box that you just absolutely must have then, by all means, go for it.
Many mattress and bedding stores will try and roll out some 4th of July sales and promotions, they typically won’t match the deals we’ll see come September around Labor Day Weekend. Unless you’ve been sleeping on the couch (and you’re not in the doghouse) or, worse, the floor, I’d recommend holding off on mattress and bedding purchases.
Subscribe to Brad’s Daily Alerts for the latest deals, shopping tips and more!