No matter who you are cheering for this Sunday, either team will look way better if you have a nice HDTV on which to watch the Super Bowl. And if you didn't get a nice TV for the holidays, maybe now is the time to improve your viewing pleasure. The retailers know this, which is why there are always some good prices this time of year. Here are some of our picks for good deals on HDTVs both large and small, categorized by screen size:
(Note: Not all free shipping options will necessarily arrive by 2/1/2014. Advantages of stores like Sears, Walmart and Best Buy are in-store pickup options.)
50" and Higher
- PC Richard: Sharp 60" LED HDTV (1080p, 120Hz) 799.96 + free shipping
- Best Buy: Sharp Aquos 60" LED HDTV (1080p, 12oHz) $749.99 + free shipping
- BuyDig: Sony 55" 3D Smart LED HDTV (1080p, 120Hz, WiFi, Four 3D Glasses Top-rated TV!) $1,599 + free shipping (Note: final price at end of check out)
- Sears: RCA 52" LED HDTV (1080p, 120Hz) $449.88 + free in-store pickup (may vary by zip code).
- Overstock.com: Toshiba 50" LED HDTV (1080p, 120Hz) $596.99 + free shipping
40" to 46"
- Amazon: LG 47" 3D Smart HDTV (1080p, 120Hz, WiFi and ships with Four 3D Glasses) $744 + free shipping
- Amazon: Vizio 47" LED Smart HDTV (1080p, 120Hz WiFi) $629.99 + free shipping
- Walmart: Samsung 46" LED Smart HDTV (1080p, 120Hz, WiFi) $718.99 + free store-pickup.
- Best Buy: Sharp 42" LED HDTV (1080p, 120Hz) $349.99 + free shipping
32" to 39"
- Best Buy: Insignia 39" LED HDTV (1080p, 60Hz) $249.99 + free shipping
- Walmart: RCA 39" LED HDTV (1080p, 60Hz) $269 + free shipping
- Sears: LG 32" LED HDTV (1080p, 60Hz) $229.88 + free in-store pickup
- Amazon: Samsung 32" LED HDTV (1080p, 60Hz) $276.91 + free shipping (also at Walmart for this price)
At Amazon, if you buy a Samsung HDTV from a select list, you can get a free Samsung Tab 3 Android tablet. While many of the sale prices on this list simply match the lowest prices we're seeing online, this is still a pretty compelling deal if you were also in the market for an Android table, which is free! That's one of the stronger HDTV/tech bundles we've since the holidays.
Go sports team!