As much as we may try to deny it, fall is coming. The summers seem to go faster every year, but with the excitement of football season, fall style, and back to school, we might just be ready for it to cool down a bit. Getting a new fall or winter wardrobe doesn't have to be expensive. Here are our tips for getting affordable fall clothing and cheap winter clothes.
Shopping for fall and winter clothing just got more fun.
- Buy Out of Season Colors: Especially in August, many retailers have their jackets and coats on sale in last season's colors. Do you really need the latest, trendiest shade of blue? Probably not. Right now, Moosejaw is having a sale on last season colors and we have a code to get an additional 10% off!
- Look at Bargain Retailers: Take a look at stores like 6pm, Smart Bargains, or Overstock to get clothing at a discounted price. They've got name brand shoes, clothing, and accessories at some of the lowest prices around.
- Stock Up on Accessories: Scarves and jewelry can make that plain old t-shirt and jeans look like a whole new outfit. Mix and match those items and you can create new outfits all the time.
- Sell and Buy at Resale and Consignment Shops: First, go through your summer wardrobe and purge the things you never wore this summer. Generally, if you haven't worn it in a year, you probably won't wear it again. Take the pile to your local resale and consignment shop and see what they'll take. While they look through your clothes, look through theirs! Resale shops often have some great, barely used clothing, you just need to be in the mood to really look.
- Use Your Cash Back Credit Cards: Get your new fall and winter clothes for less when you utilize your cash back credit cards. This Chase Freedom Visa gives you 1% back on all purchase and even gives 5% back at department stores part of the year!
- Take Advantage of Rewards Programs: Lots of stores have their own rewards programs that can really pay off. Love to shop at Target? Take advantage of their 5% off credit card. Worship Moosejaw? Use Moosejaw rewards to earn extra stuff! Obsessed with Kohl's? Earn Kohl's cash and use it to get discounted purchases! Stock up often at REI? Become a member to get exclusive coupons and earn cash back. These are just some of the great rewards programs we know about, so make sure to check with your favorite store to see how you can save.
How do you get new fall or winter clothes on a budget? Let us know in the comments below!
Want more tips and tricks on how to save money online? Sign up for Brad's Daily Alerts today!