Rejoice, caffeine addicts and casual coffee enthusiasts alike, for the day legitimizing your overreliance upon coffee to get you through the day is nearly at hand!
This Sunday, September 29, is National Coffee Day and there are plenty of opportunities to celebrate with a free cup of joe or two. Or three. But four? Really? That's just pushing it, you sublimely over-caffeinated nut.
Inasmuch as you'll likely be ingesting inordinate quantities of free coffee this Sunday, here's a simple little tip to help counter the effects of consuming too much caffeine: eat a banana. Seriously. The calcium and potassium contained in a banana will help to level out your electrolytes and offset caffeine's diuretic effect, which is often the cause of headaches or cramps.
From coffee shop chains like Starbucks, Peet's, and Caribou, to doughnut shops like Dunkin' Donuts, Krispy Kreme, and Tim Horton's, retailers and restaurants will be offering free coffee and other coffee-related deals on a day that's sure to go down as one of the all-time most productive Sundays in recorded history.
Continue reading for our list of 8 places where you'll be able to find free coffee and other deals exclusive to National Coffee Day.
- Caribou Coffee: You'll have to go to Caribou's Facebook page for a special National Coffee Day coupon (that, as of 9/26, they've yet to post) that you'll be able to redeem for a free small "Coffee of the Day". You can either print the coupon or show it to the barista on your phone.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: You'll need to download Dunkin' Donuts' free mobile app for iOS and Android in order to get one small hot or iced coffee for free. Once you've downloaded the app, check out their "Offers" section to find this little freebie. On top of that, Dunkin' will be offering deals on their ground coffee and K-Cups on Saturday, Sept. 28, and Sunday, Sept. 29. You'll be able to purchase a one-pound bag of Dunkin' Donuts ground coffee for $5.99 (typically $8.99) and a carton of K-Cups for $7.99 (typically $11.99).
- Kangaroo Express: Stop into any Kangaroo Express between 8:00am and 12:00pm on National Coffee Day and only pay a penny for a small cup of coffee.
- McDonald's: Participation varies from location to location, but McDonald's are offering a free small cup of hot or iced coffee for free with the purchase of any other item on the menu this Sunday.
- Krispy Kreme: You'll have some options at Krispy Kreme this National Coffee Day. You can get a free 12oz cup of coffee for free or pay $1.00 for a 12oz specialty coffee drink. Krispy Kreme are also hosting a Free Coffee Giveaway, giving you the chance to sign up to win a free large cup of coffee every week for a year.
- Peet’s Coffee & Tea: Print up or use your phone to show this coupon at your local Peet's to get a small maple latte for free when you purchase a bowl of Simply Oatmeal or any baked good.
- Starbucks: Celebrating coffee's origins with its new Ethiopia blend, Starbucks will be offering free tastings of the latest blend and giving away commemorative coffee mugs when you purchase a one-pound bag of their Ethiopia ground coffee blend.
- Tim Hortons: All you need to do is say "Happy National Coffee Day" to any Tim Hortons employee upon checkout to take advantage of their buy-one-get-one free National Coffee Day promo.
Know something we don't? Have a coffee-related deal you want to share? Let us know in the comments section below!
Keep up with the best deals while on the go by downloading the brand new Brad’s Deals app for iPhone & iPad! Can’t wait for Black Friday? There’s an app for that. Grab the today!