The Brad's Deals Scholarship Rules
BRADSDEALS 2014 SCHOLARSHIP SWEEPSTAKES
1) Sponsor. Contest is sponsored by Shop Smart LLC, a Delaware entity, the headquarters of which is located at 640 N LaSalle Suite 556 Chicago, IL 60654 ("Sponsor"). By entering, you agree to these official rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding.
2) Eligibility. The 2014 Shop Smart Scholarship ("Sweepstakes") is open only to individuals who are legal U.S. residents, 18 years of age or older, who have pre-existing internet access. Not open to residents of Rhode Island. Employees of Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, agencies, and affiliated companies and their immediate families are not eligible.
3) How to Enter. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
To enter the Sweepstakes online, simply visit http://www.bradsdeals.com/scholarship ("Entry Site"), and fill out the online entry form. You must complete all required information to be eligible to enter to win a prize. Entries must be submitted between January 27, 2014 at 12:01 am and June 15, 2014 at 11:59 pm Central Time. The Sweepstakes is only open to those have correctly and completely filled out and submitted the entry form. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service provider may apply and will be your sole responsibility. The Entry Site's database clock will be the official timekeeper of this Contest.
Limit one sweepstakes entry ("Entry") per household. Additional entries will be disqualified, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any household that submits multiple entries. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
Proof of emailing or submitting the entry form does not constitute proof of delivery or entry. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry form (the "Entrant"). "Authorized account holder" is defined as the person assigned to an email by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. Every entry submission must be manually keystroked and manually entered by the Entrant. Automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of Entries (including, but not limited to, Entries made using any script, macro, bot, or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from any related email or IP addresses may be blocked.
Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible, misplaced or misdirected email/mailed entries or faulty transmissions, technical computer hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or interrupted or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled, misrouted, scrambled or delayed computer transmission or other errors or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human, electronic or otherwise, which may limit a user's ability to participate in the sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prizes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; or, (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet or the Entry Site or any combination thereof; (e) any injury or damage to participants or to any other person's computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download any materials in the Sweepstakes.
4) Prizes. Five (5) Grand Prize winners will be selected from among all combined eligible Entries on or about July 14, 2014. A qualified panel of judges will select one winner. Entries will be judged on the creativity of the money saving strategies described, along with the overall remarkableness of the author's experience paying for school in the spirit of thrift. The Grand Prize will consist of one $2,000 scholarship per winner. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $2,000.
5) Winner Selection and Notification.
Prize winners will be notified by email, U.S. mail, or telephone. Should a prize notification or prize addressed to an Entrant be returned as undeliverable, Sponsor may not resend the notice (whether by the same or another method), research the Entrant's address, or make any further attempts at deliver. Sponsor may disqualify that Entrant and select an alternate winner.
The prize winners may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, W-9 form (where applicable) and a Publicity Release (where not prohibited), and Background Check Authorization within forty-eight (48) hours of prize notification or an alternate winner may be chosen, in Sponsor's sole discretion. If the background check reveals that, in Sponsor's discretion, Entrant has been convicted of a crime or otherwise engaged in any conduct that would disqualify Entrant pursuant to these Official Rules or that, in Sponsor's discretion, would reflect adversely on Sponsor, Sponsor may disqualify the Entrant and select an alternate winner.
Any alternate winner will have the same rights and obligations as the original winner.
6) Expenses, Taxes, and Fees. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely each winner's responsibility. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of that particular prize. Sponsor reserves the right in its discretion for any reason or no reason, to substitute prizes of equal or greater values. Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery; Sponsor is not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of prize winners. All prize winners, as a condition of winning, will be required to complete and return to Sponsor a W-9 form (where applicable); all prizes will be reported on an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the value of the individual's prize (where applicable). In the event that any portion of any prize is canceled or postponed for any reason, Sponsor will have no obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof, and the remainder of the prize will be awarded.
7) Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
8) Releases. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant releases and holds harmless Sponsor and any other advertising or promotion agencies or business partners involved with or retained to provide services in connection with the Sweepstakes, and/or each of their respective affiliates, parent or related entities, subsidiaries, or successors (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), against any and all claims, demands and liabilities arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes, Entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes and/or any Sweepstakes-related activity, including, without limitation, winner's responsibility for, use or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof. Additionally, by acceptance of prize, prize winner agrees to release the Promotion Entities from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10) Error Correction. Sponsor reserves the right to correct or change any and all printing, typographical or mechanical errors. If because of a printing or other technical error, or for any other reason, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, a random drawing will be held among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available. Only the numbers of prizes stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Sweepstakes.
11) Winner's List. The winners' names and Official Rules, terms and conditions shall be posted on the Sponsor's website at http://www.bradsdeals.com/scholarship/winners. A list of winners and/or the Official Rules may also be acquired by sending a request for the list or rules to Shop Smart LLC, Attn: 2014 Brad's Deals Scholarship, 640 N LaSalle Suite 556 Chicago, IL 60654 by December 31, 2014.
12) Restrictions. Void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law.