40+ Discounts for Firefighters and First Responders
Firefighters, paramedics and EMT workers risk their lives every day in order to ensure the safety of others. Whether that means running into a burning building or pulling someone from wreckage of a car crash, I think we can all agree that these everyday heroes deserve a little recognition for their bravery--and maybe some free stuff to boot!
We rounded up all retailers we could find that offer discounts on everything from food to travel for firefighters, paramedics, EMS, EMTs and First Responders.
- Acapulco -- Police and firefighters get a 20 percent discount with proper ID.
- Barmuda Restaurants -- Most of the bars and restaurants owned by Barmuda offer a 20 percent discount to firefighters who present a valid ID or badge.
- Chevy's Fresh Mex -- 20 percent discount for firefighters with proper ID.
- Chick-Fil-A -- Many Chick-Fil-A locations around the country offer discounts for firefighters and EMTS. Ask at the register what kinds of discounts are available.
- Detroit Style Pizza Co. -- This Detroit-area pizzaria offers a 20 percent discount to military members, police officers, EMTs and firefighters. Show your public service ID to get the discount.
- El Torito Grill -- This Souther California chain offers a 20 percent discount to military members, police officers and firefighters. Show your public service ID to get the discount.
- Firehouse Subs -- Their national policy states that firefighters receive a free drink with their meal. But many local franchises offer free sandwiches or percent off discounts to fire workers. Show proof of duty and ask what their policy is at the register next time you stop in.
- Glory Days Grill -- Police, firefighters and EMTs get a 25 percent discount every day.
- Golden Corral -- Select locations offer 10 percent off to firefighters, EMS personnel and police officers.
- Johnny Rockets -- Police officers and firefighters in uniform get a 50 percent discount.
- Schlotzsky's -- Select locations offer a 15 percent discount to police and firefighters who present a valid ID.
- Shoneys -- Police, firefighters and EMT personnel get a 15 percent off discount with valid ID.
- Steak 'n Shake -- Police, firefighters and EMTs in uniform get 20 percent off at select Steak 'n Shake locations.
- Texas Corral -- Active duty police officers and firefighters get a 50 percent discount off all dine-in meals with valid ID.
- Texas de Brazil -- Firefighters, paramedics and EMTs get 15 percent off with a valid ID.
Apparel & Retail Discounts
- AFEyewear.com -- Take up to 50 percent off retail prices at Armed Forced Eye Wear, which offers discounts to military members, police officers, firefighters and EMS personnel with valid ID.
- Black Helmet Apparel -- While they don't give career-specific discounts, Black Helmet Apparel was founded by a fireman and made for firefighters, and they donate a portion of their proceeds to firefighter-related causes. 75.
- Global Rings -- Firefighters and their family receive a percentage off every purchase when they provide valid ID.
- GovX - GovX is a great resource for current and former military members, as well as firefighters, police and first responders. They parener with many retailers and offer up to 65 percent of name-brand clothing, gear and even tickets to concerts and sports games.
- Heated 4 U -- Firefighters and police officers get 15 percent off all regularly priced items at this heated clothing shop.
- Military, Security & Law Enforcement (MSLE) Supply -- 10% off with code SERVINGUS at checkout
- Newton Running -- Create an account with proof of employment (a .gov address works), and you'll get percentage off everything on the site.
- New York & Co. -- Police, firefighters, EMTs, military personnel and their spouses can enjoy 15 percent off in-store purchases with a valid ID.
- Oakley -- Firefighters and EMTs can get up to 50 percent off through the Oakley Military and Government Sales Program with a valid ID.
- Overstock -- Firefighters, paramedics and EMTs can get a free Club O membership with proof of employment.
- Running Warehouse -- Running Warehouse offers Online Team Discounts for firefighters. You can get access to these discount codes by emailing email@example.com.
- Supply Sergeant -- Firefighters and police can enjoy a 10 percent discount.
- Under Armour -- Firefighters can enjoy a 10 percent off in-store only discount with a valid ID.
Cell Phone & Electronics Discounts
- Apple -- State and local government employees get special pricing on select apple products with proof of employment.
- AT&T -- Get 15 percent off your monthly bill with proof of an IAFF membership, and receive an extra $100 rebate if you use your Union Plus credit card to upgrade to a smartphone.
- Sprint -- Firefighters can receive up to 15 percent off their monthly bill with proof of employment though the Sprint Business Government discount.
- T-Mobile -- Firefighters can take up to 10 percent off their monthly bill with proof of employment.
- Verizon -- Firefighters get 20 percent off their monthly bill with proof of employment.
Automotive and Travel Discounts
- Ameraguard Truck Accessories -- Firefighters and EMTs ger special discounts with proof of employment.
- Arbor Hotel & Suites -- This Tennessee hotel offers firefighters a HEROES rate of 20 percent off.
- BumperDoc -- Firefighters can take 5 percent off with proof of employment.
- Caesars -- Firefighters and First Responders get 10 percent off their stay at any Caesars location with valid ID.
- CARiD -- Firefighters, paramedics, EMTs and First Responders can take 10 percent off all online orders with valid proof of employment.
- Chase Park Plaza -- This St. Louis hotel offers a "Salute to the Heroes" package that gives firefighters, police officers and military members 50 percent off their best available rates.
- Liberty Mutual -- Save 10 percent on insurance with IAFF membership (use code #110032).
- LockPickShop.com -- Firefighters, police officers and First Responders can take 10 percent off with coupon code GOVERNMENT.
- Sandals -- Members of the International Association of Firefighters can save an additional 10 percent on current promotions with proof of membership.
Remember, many hotel chains and retailers offer discounts for firefighters but don't publicize this fact. Our advice is to always ask before you book or shop anywhere--you never know when that might save you a pretty penny!