Student Discounts: 70+ Stores Offering Discounts for College Students
Isn't it funny that some of our happiest, most exciting, and carefree years--our college years--are also some of our poorest? In honor of National Student Discount Day (it's a thing, and it's today!), we put together a list of 70-plus discounts for starving college students.
Any student or parent with a student in college will tell you that college can be a stressful time on a family's budget. For both students and parents, balancing tuition expenses, grocery bills, rent, and transportation costs can be a juggling act. Here are a few ways to ease the financial stress of a college education.
70+ Stores that Give Student Discounts
Student Travel Discounts
College offers students a plethora of travel opportunities. Whether your student is studying abroad in Europe or celebrating spring break in Mexico, there are a number of student discounts on flight, hotels, hostels, activities, and even traveler's insurance available to students. We found a variety of fantastic travel discount websites exclusive to students, but these are the cream of the crop:
Discounts with Student ID
While some savvy student shoppers are familiar with showing a student ID to receive in-store discounts, many people are unaware of this little trick until after graduation! Our advice to college (and even high school students) is to bring your student ID with you when you shop, and to ALWAYS ask a sales associate if that store provides a student discount. Most stores do not publicly advertise their student discount, and the discount is often spread through word-of-mouth. By asking the sale associate, students can be confident that they will get the best discount possible. Here is a student discount list that offers deals just for students:
- Adobe: Students save 60% on Creative Cloud.
- Allstate: Students under that age of 25 can save up to 20% for getting good grades.
- Amazon Student: Free Amazon Prime trial for 6 months; includes delivery benefits, as well as exclusive ways to shop and stream.
- AMC Theatres: Show your student ID on Thursdays and get movie ticket discounts.
- Amtrak: Students ages 13-25 with a valid student ID can save 15% on the lowest Value or Flexible Fare when booking their travel at least 3 days in advance.
- Apple: Save up to $300 on any eligible Mac and get Beats wireless headphones for free when you buy an eligible Mac or iPad Pro for college.
- Arby's: Students get a 10% discount with their student ID. Varies by location.
- The Art Institute of Chicago: $75 annual student membership.
- ASOS: Student get 10% off any order by registering with UNiDAYS or ASOS.
- AT&T: Many schools provide student discounts through AT&T. Check if you are eligible here.
- Banana Republic: 15% off your full-priced purchases.
- Best Buy: Get exclusive student deals that provide savings on current prices.
- Broadway in Chicago: Ticket prices as low as $14.50 for select performances.
- Burger King: 10% off (varies by location).
- Carnegie Hall: $10 student tickets are available for selected Carnegie Hall presentations.
- Charlotte Russe: 10% off in-store with ID
- Club Monaco: Save 15-20% off regular-priced items.
- Corepower Yoga: Get student discounts on classes and memberships when you show your student ID.
- Dairy Queen: Discounts vary by location.
- Dell University: Exclusive student savings that vary by college.
- Denver Art Museum: Admission is $8 for college student residents and $10 if you're not a resident.
- Dominos Pizza: Various student discounts based on location.
- Eddie Bauer: 15% off on regular priced merchandise in-store with valid student ID.
- Eight Sleep: 10% off mattresses for students.
- Eurail: People 27 or younger can get a Eurail Youth Pass which gives you 20% off standard adult prices.
- Express: Get 15% off both online and in-store.
- Farmers: Students between the ages of 16-24 can qualify for a "Good Student Discount".
- FedEx: Enjoy 20-30% off with your student ID card.
- Forever 21: Students get 10% off.
- Geico: Full time students with a good academic record can be eligible for up to a 15% discount on certain coverages.
- Goodwill: 10% off in-store purchases with a student ID
- The GM College Discount: Offers savings on Chevrolet, Buick or GMC cars.
- HP Academy Store: Offers exclusive student discounts on laptops and desktop computers.
- J. Crew: 15% off regular-priced items.
- JoAnn: 10% for Student Discount Program members
- JourneyEd: provides student discounts on computers, electronics, software, and other college necessities
- Juicy Couture: Students can get 15% off at participating locations.
- Kate Spade: Get 15% off at participating locations.
- Kroger: 5% off at select locations
- Levi's: College students can benefit from a 25% discount.
- Madewell: College students get a 15% discount when they shop in stores.
- Memphis Symphony Orchestra: Students can get one $10 ticket per concert with a student ID.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: $12 admission for students with a valid ID.
- Microsoft: Student receive a 10% discount on Surface devices as well as year round deals.
- Misguided Clothing: Students get a 40% discount, excluding sale.
- Modcloth: College students get 15% off.
- Nationwide: Students between the ages of 16 and 24 can be eligible for a "Good Student Discount".
- New England Aquarium: College students enjoy $2 off one full-priced adult Aquarium admission ticket.
- The New York Times: Enjoy a 50% off academic rate.
- Papa John’s: Various student discounts based on location.
- Penske: College students get 10% off on all truck rentals plus an additional 10% discount if you book your one-way rental online.
- Pizza Hut: 10%-20% off varying by location.
- Qdoba: Student burrito meals $5.
- Ralph Lauren: Enjoy 15% off.
- Regal Theaters: Discounts vary by location.
- Sam’s Club: Sign up for the Collegiate Annual Membership and get discounts all year.
- Ski Colorado: Save on a Rocky Mountain Super Pass for ski discounts.
- SMARTBOX Portable Moving & Storage: Mention that you're a student or faculty member during the free quote process and get a discount on your moving and storage services!
- Spotify: Spotify Premium is $5 per month for students.
- Sprint: Many schools provide student discounts through Sprint. Check if you are eligible here.
- State Farm: You can get up to 25% with the "Good Student Discount".
- Steve Madden: Students get 10% off in store with a valid student ID.
- Subway: 10% off at participating locations.
- T-Mobile - $60 off select smartphones.
- Taco Cabana: 20% off varying by location.
- ThinkEDU: Student discounts on software, textbooks, dorm supplies, Apple products, collegiate apparel and more
- TOMS: College students are eligible to receive 10% off their purchase.
- Topshop: 10% off when you register with Student Beans or Unidays.
- Urban Outfitters: Get 10% off.
- Verizon: Many schools provide student discounts through Verizon. Check if you are eligible here.
- The Wall Street Journal: Students can get exclusive semester student rates and annual student rates.
- Waffle House: 10% off when you show your student ID.
Choosing your student discount strategy is up to you, but students should be aware that there are always discounts to take advantage of. After all, our college years fly by, and "real world" prices can wait until after graduation.
Make sure to check out our compilation of Teacher Discounts that can help your favorite professors save big!
Are we missing any student discounts? Leave a comment and we will update our list!
Looking for a printable version of our student discount list? Just click the link below and hit the "Print" button in your browser!