Last updated 9am 4/30/15. Here is a current list of what we think the top 5 credit card signup bonus offers are. Consider any of these “highly recommended.” If you’re new, we realize that it can be scary to apply for any credit card, much less many at the same time. Dip your toe in the water. It is worth it. These will be updated regularly as offers come and go. Please comment at bottom with news, questions or issues.
1. 40,000 UltimateRewards Points after you $4,000 in the first 3 months with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. With transfer partners like Hyatt, United, and Southwest, it's a great versatile card with double earning opportunities on travel and dining spend. Value: $800 or approximately 2¢ each.
2. 50,000 Avios Miles with the Chase British Airways Visa, after spending $2,000 in 3 months. You earn 2.5 miles per $1 on British Airways, and 1.25 miles per dollar on everything else. Value: $1,100 or 2.2¢ each for the 50,000 point offer. See our post on how to utilize Avios miles efficiently here.
3. 40,000 American Express Membership Rewards points with $1,000 in spending on an American Express Platinum; there is a $450 annual fee and you get standard Amex Platinum benefits including $200 towards airline fees and a $100 credit toward Global Entry and TSA Pre-Check40. Value: $1,000 or 2.5¢ each. Points can transfer 1:1 into Air Canada, Singapore Airlines, British Airways, Delta, Air France, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Virgin Atlantic and Virgin America.
4. 50,000 United MileagePlus Miles with the Chase United MileagePlus card. You'll earn the bonus after spending $3,000 in 3 months. Annual fee is $95 a year, but that's waived the first year of card membership. You'll also receive two free United Club passes. Value: $1,000 or 2¢ each for the 50,000 point offer. See our post on using United miles here.
5. 0% APR for 15 Months with the Chase Slate Card. While this card won't earn you points, you'll receive free balance transfers, with NO FEES, for 60 days after account opening as well. This card is an excellent tool to correct mistakes that you may have made in your personal finances. Value: However much you'll save in interest over the 15 months of 0% APR and 3 months of free balance transfers.
Take the best online coupons and deals with you on the go! Download the newly updated Brad's Deals iPhone app today.