Here is a current list of our top five favorite credit card signup bonus offers. Consider all of of these to be “highly recommended.” If you’re new, I realize that it can be scary to apply for any credit card, much less many at the same time. Dip your toe in the water. It is worth it.
These will be updated regularly as offers come and go. Please comment at bottom with news, questions or issues.
Last updated 10/6/2015
1. Up to 100,000 Avios with the Chase British Airways Visa, after spending $2,000 in 3 months for 50,000 miles, plus an additional 25,000 Avios when you spend $10,000 more in your first year of card membership, and another 25,000 Avios when you spend an additional $10,000, for a total of 100,000 Avios. You earn 3 Avios per $1 on British Airways, and 1 Avios per dollar on everything else. Value: $1,100 or 2.2¢ each for the 50,000 point offer. See our post on how to utilize Avios miles efficiently here.
2. 40,000 UltimateRewards Points after you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. With transfer partners like Hyatt, United, and Southwest, it's a great versatile card with double earning opportunities on travel and dining spend. Value: $800 or approximately 2¢ each.
3. 50,000 Citi ThankYou Rewards Points with $3,000 in spending in 3 months on a Citi ThankYou Premier Card; there is a $95 annual fee. This card also has the most generous spending category bonuses for a "regular" card in the industry: 3x for travel (including gas), 2X for dining out and entertainment, and 1X for everything else. Value: $800 or 1.6¢ each. Points can transfer to Hilton, Singapore Airlines, Etihad, and more, or be used for purchases.
4. 50,000 Marriott Points with the Chase Marriott Rewards Card. You'll earn the bonus after spending $2,000 in 3 months, enough for 2 free nights at a category 8 property! Available until 8/31!
5. 0% Intro APR for 15 Months with the Chase Slate Card. While this card won't earn you points, you'll receive free balance transfers, with NO FEES, for 60 days after account opening as well. This card is an excellent tool to correct mistakes that you may have made in your personal finances. Value: However much you'll save in interest over the 15 months of 0% APR and 2 months of free balance transfers.