Top 5 Credit Card Signup Bonuses (Updated Regularly)
This content is not provided or commissioned by the issuer. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer. This site may be compensated through the issuer’s affiliate program.
Here is a current list of our top five favorite credit card signup bonus offers. Consider all of of these to be “highly recommended.” If you’re new, I realize that it can be scary to apply for any credit card, much less many at the same time. Dip your toe in the water. It is worth it.
These will be updated regularly as offers come and go. Please comment at bottom with news, questions or issues.
1. Earn 1.5% cash back on every purchase with the new Chase Freedom Unlimited℠ Credit Card, and also receive a $150 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. There's a 0% Intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers. After the intro period, a variable APR of 14.24-23.24% applies. Value: 1.5 cents per dollar, but the added convenience of not having to remember categories- you earn this cash back on every purchase!
2. 50,000 Citi ThankYou Rewards Points with $3,000 in spending in 3 months on a Citi ThankYou Premier Card; there is a $95 annual fee. This card also has the most generous spending category bonuses for a "regular" card in the industry: 3x for travel (including gas), 2X for dining out and entertainment, and 1X for everything else. Value: $800 or 1.6¢ each. Points can transfer to Hilton, Singapore Airlines, Etihad, and more, or be used for purchases.
3. 0% Introductory APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers with the Chase Slate Card. While this card won't earn you points, this card is an excellent tool to correct mistakes that you may have made in your personal finances. Value: The amount you save in interest over the terms of the 0% introductory APR.
4. Get a $100 online cash rewards bonus after you spend at least $500 on purchases in the first 90 days of account opening the BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card. You'll also earn 1% cash back on every purchase, 2% at grocery stores (and now at wholesale clubs) and 3% on gas for the first $2,500 in combined grocery/wholesale club/gas purchases each quarter. There's no annual fee, no changing categories and no expiration on rewards. There's also a 0% Introductory APR for 12 billing cycles for purchases and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days, then, 13.24% - 23.24% Variable APR. 3% fee (min $10) applies to balance transfers. Value: $100, but one of the lowest spending thresholds in the business, and great cash back bonuses. See our blog post on how to maximize your cash back with this card.
5. Sign up for the Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard and you'll get 40,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 in the first 90 days. This gets you $400 to use towards any travel expenses! It's super easy: you just select travel expenses to apply the miles to and they are removed from your bill! Value: $420 in free travel, since you receive a 5% rebate on all travel redemptions.