75+ Stores and Restaurants Offering Senior Discounts
Gone are the days of your grandmother’s “early bird special” at the local diner. The retail world as we know it is changing and as more restaurants close, we also see more senior discount programs being retired by restaurants and retailers across the nation. We’ve updated our list for senior savings that will help you keep more cash in your pocket, which we know is particularly imporant during these rough financial times.
Note: Give your local store a call to confirm that they are still offering senior discounts. As with many things, the pandemic could have caused a policy change at your store.
Restaurant Discounts for Seniors
- Arby’s: 10% off (55+).
- A&W All American Food: 10% senior discount, varies by location.
- Ben & Jerry’s: 10% off for seniors (60+), varies by location.
- Bonefish Grill: AARP members get 10% off.
- Boston Market: Senior discounts vary by location (65+).
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Company: 10% off for AARP members.
- Burger King: 10% off (60+) plus additional discounts on coffee and soft drinks. Varies by location.
- Captain D’s Seafood: On Wednesdays, seniors (62+) can enjoy one of 8 meals including a drink for $4.99 or less at participating restaurants.
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill: 10% off an entire meal for AARP members. Varies by location.
- Carrows Restaurant: Has a Golden 55 menu where seniors (55+) can get discounted breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Chick-fil-A: Free refillable senior drink, not including coffee. Varies by location.
- Chili’s: 10% off (55+)
- CiCi’s Pizza: Many stores offer senior discounts but they vary by location.
- Denny’s: 15% off for AARP members, all other senior discounts vary by location.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: AARP members receive a free donut with the purchase of a L or XL beverage at participating restaurants.
- El Pollo Loco: 10% senior discount (60+).
- Fazolli’s: Join Club 62 for special senior menu items (62+).
- Friendly’s Restaurant: 10% off a meal with free coffee at breakfast or a free sundae during non breakfast hours.
- Golden Corral: Senior discounts vary by location, call your local location for more info.
- IHOP: Discounts on senior menu items (55+).
- McCormick& Schmick’s: 10% off for AARP members.
- McDonald’s: No official discounts, but some locations offer discounts on coffee.
- The Oceanaire Seafood Room: AARP members save 10%.
- Outback Steakhouse: AARP members save 10%.
- Papa John’s: Senior discounts vary by location.
- Rainforest Café: 10% off for AARP members (50+).
- SaltGrass: AARP members save 10% (50+).
- Shoney’s of Knoxville: Join the Shoney’s Golden Age Club for 10% off (60+).
- Sizzler: Offers Honored Guest Menu (60+), varies by location.
- Subway: 10% off, varies by location (60+).
Retail and Clothing Discounts for Seniors
- Bealls: 15% off every Tuesday (50+).
- Belk: Get 15% off on the first Tuesday of every month (62+).
- Goodwill: 10-20% off one day a week, day varies by location (55+).
- JOANN: One day per month, seniors can get 20% off in-store (55+).
- Kohl’s: 15% off (60+) on Wednesdays, in store only.
- Lens Crafters: AARP members get 50% off lenses, 30% off sunglasses, 10% off contacts, and $55 eye exams.
- Michael’s: 10% off your entire purchase every day (55+).
- Rite Aid: Rite Aid 65+ Rewards membership gets you 5x points on the first Wednesday each month, monthly activities, featured products (65+).
- Ross Stores: 10% off every Tuesday (55+).
- Stein Mart: Get 20% off select items first Monday of every month (55+).
- Walgreens: “Seniors Day” once a month, varying by location. Discounts are available. for Balance Rewards card members (55+) or Balance Rewards card members that are also AARP members. Discounts include 20% off in store or 10% off online.
- The UPS Store: AARP members can save 15% off eligible products and services and 5% off domestic and international UPS shipping services. Varies by location.
Grocery Discounts for Seniors
- Bashas: 10% off on the first Wednesday of each month (55+).
- Fred Meyer: Depending on the department you can save 10-15% on the first Tuesday of each month, varies by location (55+).
- Fry’s Supermarket: Seniors receive 10% off the first Wednesday of every month.
- Harris Teeter: Every Thursday, you’ll receive a 5% discount (60+).
- Hy-Vee: Take 5% off every Thursday (55+).
- New Seasons Market: 10% off most items every Wednesday (65+).
- Piggly Wiggly: Senior discounts vary by location, contact your local store.
- Publix: 5% discount on Wednesdays (60+) at select locations.
- Weis Markets: Take 10% off participating brands on Tuesdays (60+).
Travel Discounts for Seniors
- American Airlines: various discounts for 65 and up (call before booking for discount).
- Amtrak: 10% off most rail fares (65+).
- Auto Europe: 5% senior discount.
- Avis: AARP members enjoy up to 30% off base rates when renting from participating locations.
- British Airways: AARP members can save anywhere from $65-$200 on flights.
- Budget Rental Cars: AARP members enjoy up to 30% off base rates when renting from participating locations.
- Carnival Cruise: Exclusive savings vary for senior citizens (55+).
- Choice Hotels: If you are an AARP member or a senior citizen (60+) you can save up to 10% with advance reservations.
- Days Inn: Guests (60+) enjoy a range of special savings varying by location.
- Hertz: Sign up for their 50+ Car Rental Program (50+) and get exclusive deals up to 20% off.
- Hilton Hotels & Resorts: AARP members receive up to 10% off the best available rate.
- InterContinental Hotels Group: Discounts vary for senior citizens (62+).
- Marriott Hotels: Discounts for seniors will vary by room and destination (62+).
- Myrtle Beach Resort: 10% off most daily and weekly rates (55+).
- Royal Caribbean: Reduced senior prices on select sailings (55+).
- Sixt: Seniors can get up to 5% off (50+).
- TripBeat: Save up to 40% off on select 7-night resort vacation rentals in worldwide destinations.
- United Airlines: Various discounts for ages 65 and up (call before booking for discount).
Entertainment Discounts for Seniors
- AMC Theaters: Senior discount tickets (60+).
- Cinemark: Seniors on participating days can get discounted prices. Varies on location.
- U.S. National Parks: $80 lifetime pass, $20 annual pass (62+).
Miscellaneous Senior Discounts
- AT&T: Unlimited 1 line for $60 and 2 lines for $80 (55+).
- Consumer Cellular: 5% off discount for AARP members.
- Great Clips: At least $2 per hair cut. Discounts and participation vary by location (65+).
- T-Mobile: Save 50% with an Unlimited Essentials (55+).
- Verizon: Up to $40 off per month; $60 for unlimited for 1 line (55+).
Since many senior discounts are not advertised to the public, our advice to men and women over 55 is to ALWAYS ask a sales associate if that store provides a senior discount. Also, please note that some senior discounts vary by region. That way, you can be sure to get the most bang for your buck.