90+ Stores with Teacher Discounts
Teachers sacrifice a lot to help our children succeed in life – whether that means staying up all night grading papers, or spending their own money on school supplies. In fact, recent studies have shown that most teachers spend about $500 out of their own pockets every year on supplies for their students.
That’s a lot of money, especially on a teacher’s salary, but we’re here to help. We compiled a list of more than 90 discounts for teachers at bookstores, retail chains, school supply outlets and more, which can help cut down on their out-of-pocket expenses. Feel free to share this list with all the teachers and educators in your life!
- Barnes & Noble – Educators can save 20% off list price every day, and up to 25% off during Educator Appreciation days through the Barnes & Noble Educator Program.
- Books-a-Million – 20% off for educators on in-store purchases, and various online discounts with the BAM Educator Card.
- Half Price Books – Teachers and librarians get 20% off with the Half Price Book Educator Discount Card
Online school supply discounts:
- Academic Superstore – Discounted classroom supplies. See our Academic Superstore Coupons page for other savings.
- A to Z Teacher Stuff – Features free and discounted downloadable eBooks
- Creative Teaching Press – Sales on various products
- Discount School Supply – Discounted classroom supplies.
- Raymond Geddes – Take 10% off any order with code WEB1 at checkout.
- The Teacher Store at Scholastic.com – Up to 50% off deals and sales on books and other resources.
- ThinkEDU – Teacher discounts on software, hardware, textbooks, Apple products and more.
Retail school supply discounts:
- A.C. Moore – 15% off for teachers with ID.
- Ben Franklin Crafts – 15% off for teachers with ID.
- The Container Store – Sign up for the “Organized Teacher Program” and receive exclusive discounts throughout the year to help organize your classroom.
- Crayola – Discounted and free access to educational seminars.
- Home Depot – Teachers pay no sales tax with tax exempt paperwork.
- JoAnn Fabrics – 15% off with Teacher Rewards membership.
- Lakeshore Learning – Teacher’s Club Members can save 15% and get monthly specials.
- Lowe’s – Teacher’s pay no sales tax with tax exempt paper work.
- Michael’s – Teachers save 15% every day on products designed for the classroom. Some exclusions apply, so make sure to ask a store associate for details!
- MPM School Supplies – 10% off for teachers on their first purchase.
- Office Depot/Office Max – 10% back in rewards on ink, toner, printing and paper.
- Staples – Earn 10% back in rewards on most purchases with the Staples Teacher Rewards Program.
- Ann Taylor Loft – Join the LoftLoves Teachers program and get 15% off all full-price purchases every day.
- J. Crew – 15% off with employee ID, valid in-store at J.Crew, J.Crew Factory and J. Crew Mercantile stores only.
- NY & Co. – 5% off with employee ID.
Banana Republic – 15% off with teacher ID.
- Adobe – Up to 75% off with the Adobe Teacher and Student Store.
- Apple Store – Use the Apple Education Discount to take 5 to 10% off Apple products.
- AT&T – Usually around 15-20% off your monthly bill for active teachers. Varies by educational institution, you will need to enter your email address and credentials in order to see if you qualify.
- Best Buy – Will honor other manufacturer discounts; up to individual store.
- Bose – Up to 15% off for educators and members of educational associations through the Educators Direct Group.
- HP – Up to 20% off via Academic Purchase Programs.
- JourneyEd.com – Faculty pricing varies by school.
- Lenovo – Up to 40% off with the Lenovo education discount. Varies by school.
- PBS – Save up to 30% on professional development courses when you enroll in the PBS TeacherLine program.
- Sony – Teachers and students get exclusive deals though Sonys Eye on Education program.
- Sprint – Up to 18% off for teachers in participating schools.
- T-Mobile – $60 off select smartphones and 20% off select accessories for teachers and students.
- Verizon – Monthly discounts for educators are available and vary by school.
- Art Institute of Chicago – Free admission for Illinois teachers who have registered for the Educator Network.
- Boston Children’s Museum – Free admission for active New England teachers with ID.
- Dallas Museum of Art – Deals on guided tours for students are available.
- Explorica – Book discounted trips and earn rewards on school-related travel.
- Field Museum of Chicago – Free admission for Illinois teachers with valid ID.
- Graceland, TN – Free tours for teachers with valid ID.
- Kennedy Space Center – Free Educator Study Pass for active teachers in Florida, Georgia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Mote Aquarium in Florida – Present a recent pay stub at the admissions desk for one free ticket.
- Museum of Science in Boston – Register for the Teacher Partner Program to receive special benefits and discounts.
- New England Aquarium – Current teachers can get 10% off in the store and on family memberships.
- Ripley’s Aquarium in Myrtle Beach, SC – Free admission for teachers and half off for their guests with valid ID.
- Shedd Aquarium in Chicago – Free general admission with teacher ID for educators in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Wisconsin. Register here.
- STA Travel -Exclusive deals on flights and products just for teachers.
- Student Universe – Discounted group airfares for groups of ten or more students and faculty members.
- TripBeat – Save up to 40% on select 7-night resort vacation rentals in worldwide destinations.
- Vacations To Go – Cruise discounts for teachers (vary by line and availability).
- Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Hotel – Teachers and students can get rates as low as $159/night for rooms when they call 1-800-227-1500 and mention the code DREAMS.
- Marriott Hotels – Discounts vary. Show your ID and say you’re a local government employee.
- Bellhops: $20 off moving services with code “student20”
- e-File – Educators can file their tax returns for free
- My Corporate Logo – 15% off custom logo design (code: bWNsMDAx)
- National Geographic – Teachers are eligible for discount on Geographic Project kits; Have to email info to receive additional info about discounts.
- National Education Association – Get access to lots of discounts and member benefits when you become a NEA member.
- Regal Theaters – Varies by location, but some theaters offer discounts of up to 25% off for teachers. Call your local theater for details.
- U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development – Good Neighbor Next Door Program offers a discount for teachers on the list price of homes.
- PETCO – The Pets in the Classroom program offers grants for classroom pets.
- Pizza Hut – Pizza Hut’s BOOK IT! program motivates children to read by rewarding them with praise and pizza!