100 Stores Offering Discounts for College Students
Back-to-school shopping is underway and with the average cost per college student soaring to $1,600 this year, we’ve been looking for some ways to help you save. Keep reading to find 100 discounts for college students on apparel, shoes, laptops, travel, and more.
Any student or parent with a student in college will tell you that college can be a stressful time on a family’s budget. For both students and parents, balancing tuition expenses, grocery bills, rent, and transportation costs can be a juggling act. Here are a few ways to ease the financial stress of a college education.
Updated July 2022
Student Travel Discounts
College offers students a plethora of travel opportunities. Whether your student is studying abroad in Europe or celebrating spring break in Mexico, there are a number of student discounts on flight, hotels, hostels, activities, and even traveler’s insurance available to students. We found a variety of fantastic travel discount websites, some of which are exclusive to students:
- Zipcar: Depending on your university, you may enjoy discounts.
- Amtrak: Students save 15% on Amtrak trains.
- Greyhound: Students save 10% on Greyhound transportation.
- CheapAir: $10 Off Any Flight
- Eurail: People 27 or younger can get a Eurail Youth Pass which gives you up to 25% off standard adult prices.
- Student Universe: Prime Student members can receive an additional 10% off travel with Student Universe.
Apparel and Shoe Discounts for Students
- Ardene: 10% Student Discount
- ASOS: 10% Student Discount
- Atom Retro: 15% Student Discount
- Banana Moon: 10% Student Discount
- boohoo: 10% Student Discount with Student Beans or UNiDAYS
- boohooMAN: Up to 50% sale + 10% off Student Discount
- Brastop: Up to 80% sale + 11% extra Student Discount
- Charles & Keith: 15% Student Discount with UNiDAYS
- Club Monaco: 15% off when you register with a .edu email address
- Dearfoams: 10% Student Discount
- Dickies: 15% off Student Discount
- Express: Get 5% off with UNiDAYS
- Goodwill: Up to 25% off in-store purchases with a student ID at participating locations. Check your local location website for more info.
- Hawes & Curtis: 15% Student Discount
- Helly Hansen: 10% Student Discount
- Hunter: 20% Student Discount
- J. Crew: 15% off regular-priced items.
- Joe’s Jeans: 15% off with Student Beans
- Journey’s: $10 off $75 with UNiDays
- Kate Spade: Get 15% off at katespade.com with UNiDAYS
- Katy Perry Collections: 15% Student Discount
- Levi’s: College students can benefit from a 15% discount
- L.L. Bean: 10% off for students
- Madewell: College students get a 15% discount online and in-stores
- Modcloth: College students get 25% off their first order with UNiDAYS.
- New Balance: 15% off for students with UNiDAYS
- Nike: 10% off for college students with valid ID
- PF Flyers: 15% Student Discount with Student Beans
- Schutz Shoes: 20% Student Discount with Student Beans
- Sweaty Betty: 20% Student Discount
- Ted Baker: 15% Student Discount
- Urban Outfitters: Get 10% off online when you register.
- Zappos: 10% off for students, discount will be automatically applied for one full year after verifying and registration
Computers, Electronics and Accessories Discounts for Students
- Acer: 10% Student Discount + Free Shipping
- Adidas: 15% off for students through UNiDAYS
- Adobe: Students save 60% on Creative Cloud.
- Adorama: Students who register can access discounts on select items with SheerID.
- Apple: Shop their Education store for great discounts for students.
- AT&T: Many schools provide student discounts through AT&T and you get $10 off per line with qualifying plan.
- Autodesk: Students and educators can get free one-year educational access to Autodesk products and services to create 3-D projects for engineering and graphic design.
- B&H Photo: Exclusive discounts and free shipping on most orders when you sign up through UNiDAYS.
- Best Buy: Get exclusive student deals that provide savings on current prices.
- Dell University: Become a member and get exclusive pricing on computers (over $1,000 off some models)
- ESR: 25% Student Discount
- HideMyAss! VPN: 75% off a 36-month subscription
- JourneyEd: provides student discounts on computers, electronics, software from Microsoft, Adobe, and more.
- Microsoft: Up to 10% off for students and parents
- Samsung: Shop their Education Offers Program for 15% (and sometimes up to 30%) off tablets, laptops, smartphones, and more.
- ThinkEDU: Student discounts on software, textbooks, dorm supplies, Apple products, collegiate apparel and more
- Verizon: Many schools provide student discounts through Verizon. Check if you are eligible here.
Streaming Discounts for Students
- Discovery+: Students can get Discovery+ for just $2.99/month
- Paramount+: Students get 25% off a Paramount+ subscription
- MLB.tv: 35% off an MLB subscription for students
- YouTube Premium: YouTube Premium offers students a month free then $6.99/month rate
Health & Beauty Discounts for Students
- IdealFit: 23% student discount on protein, collagen, and other supplements
- Milk Makeup: 10% student discount on makeup and skincare
- Peloton: $6.99 per month: University/College Students
- Revolution Beauty: 20% student discount on hair care, makeup, and skincare
- Sand & Sky: 15% student discount on skincare and body care
- Strawberrynet: 10% student discount on skincare, makeup, and fragance purchases
Entertainment Discounts for Students
- AMC Theatres: Participating theaters provide discounts to students with valid ID.
- The Art Institute of Chicago: $75 annual student membership.
- Broadway in Chicago: Ticket prices as low as $18.50 for select performances.
- Carnegie Hall: $10 student tickets are available for selected Carnegie Hall presentations.
- Denver Art Museum: Admission is $10 for college student residents of Colorado and $15 if you’re student but not a Colorado resident.
- Ikon Base Pass: Over 50% off Ikon Pass multi-resort season ski pass for Colorado ski resorts.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: $17 admission for students with a valid ID, students who are residents in NY, NJ, or CT can choose the price of their ticket.
- New England Aquarium: College students enjoy $2 off one full-priced adult Aquarium admission ticket.
- Regal Theaters: Discounts vary by location.
- Spotify: Spotify Premium + Hulu and SHOWTIME is $4.99 per month for students.
Books, Magazines, and Newspaper Student Discounts
- The New York Times: Enjoy a year subscription for just $1/week.
- The Wall Street Journal: Students get digital for $4 per month or digital+print for $10 per month.
Finance Deals for Students
- Chase College Checking Account: Students between 17 – 24 will have no service fees for up to five years and get $100 for opening a new account.
- Bank of America: Students under 25 will have no monthly maintenance fee.
- US Bank: Students 18 and older won’t pay a monthly maintenance fee.
- TD Bank Checking Account: No minimum balance or maintenance fee for students 17 – 23 years old. Plus, qualifying customers can earn $100 with 15 debit card transactions within 60 days.
Food Discounts for Students
Insurance Discounts for Students
- Allstate: Students under that age of 25 can save by qualifying with good grades, completing the teenSMART driving program, or attending school 100 miles or more away from where the car is registered.
- Farmers: Students between the ages of 16-24 can qualify for a “Good Student Discount” with good grades
- Geico: Full time students with a good academic record can be eligible for up to a 15% discount on certain coverages.
- Nationwide: Students between the ages of 16 and 24 may be eligible for a “Good Student Discount” with a B grade average.
- State Farm: Student discounts vary by state.
Jewelry, Bags & Accessories Discounts for Students
- AUrate New York: 15% student discount on jewelry
- Blue Nile: 15% student discount on regular priced jewelry
- Jomashop: $10 off a $100+ spend on brand name sunglasses
- Kipling: 15% student discount on backpacks, handbags, luggage, and more
Moving Discounts for Students
- Penske: College students get 10% off on all truck rentals plus an additional 10% discount if you book your one-way rental online.
- SMARTBOX Portable Moving & Storage: Mention that you’re a student or faculty member during the free quote process and get a discount on your moving and storage services.
Other Student Discounts
- Amazon Student: Free Amazon Prime trial for 6 months; includes delivery benefits, as well as exclusive ways to shop and stream.
- FedEx: Enjoy 20-30% off with your student ID card.
- The GM College Discount: Offers up to $500 off select Chevrolet, Buick or GMC cars.
- Proviz Sports: 10% student discount on cycling, running, and outdoor gear
Choosing your student discount strategy is up to you, but students should be aware that there are always discounts to take advantage of. After all, our college years fly by, and “real world” prices can wait until after graduation.
Make sure to check out our compilation of Teacher Discounts that can help your favorite professors save big!
Are we missing any student discounts? Leave a comment and we will update our list!