70+ Stores with College Student Discounts | Brad's Deals
Isn't it funny that some of our happiest, most exciting, and carefree years – our college years – are also some of our poorest? Since we're all getting into the back-to-school spirit, we put together a list of 70-plus discounts for starving college students.
Any student or parent with a student in college will tell you that college can be a stressful time on a family's budget. For both students and parents, balancing tuition expenses, grocery bills, rent, and transportation costs can be a juggling act. Here are a few ways to ease the financial stress of a college education.
70+ Stores that Give Student Discounts
Student Travel Discounts
College offers students a plethora of travel opportunities. Whether your student is studying abroad in Europe or celebrating spring break in Mexico, there are a number of student discounts on flight, hotels, hostels, activities, and even traveler's insurance available to students. We found a variety of fantastic travel discount websites exclusive to students, but these are the cream of the crop:
Discounts with Student ID
While some savvy student shoppers are familiar with showing a student ID to receive in-store discounts, many people are unaware of this little trick until after graduation! Our advice to college (and even high school students) is to bring your student ID with you when you shop, and to ALWAYS ask a sales associate if that store provides a student discount. Most stores do not publicly advertise their student discount, and the discount is often spread through word-of-mouth. By asking the sale associate, students can be confident that they will get the best discount possible. Here is a student discount list that offers deals just for students:
- Adobe: Students save 60% on Creative Cloud.
- Adorama: Students who register can access discounts on select items.
- Allstate: Students under that age of 25 can save up to 20% for getting good grades.
- Amazon Student: Free Amazon Prime trial for 6 months; includes delivery benefits, as well as exclusive ways to shop and stream.
- AMC Theatres: Show your student ID on Thursdays and get movie ticket discounts.
- Apple: Save up to $300 on any eligible Mac and get Beats wireless headphones for free when you buy an eligible Mac or iPad Pro for college.
- Arby's: Students get a 10% discount with their student ID. Varies by location.
- The Art Institute of Chicago: $75 annual student membership.
- ASOS: Student get 10% off any order by registering with UNiDAYS or ASOS.
- AT&T: Many schools provide student discounts through AT&T.
- Banana Republic: 15% off your full-priced purchases in-store.
- Bellhops: $20 off moving services with code "student20"
- Best Buy: Get exclusive student deals that provide savings on current prices.
- Broadway in Chicago: Ticket prices as low as $14.50 for select performances.
- Burger King: 10% off at participating locations.
- Carnegie Hall: $10 student tickets are available for selected Carnegie Hall presentations.
- Charlotte Russe: 10% off in-store with ID
- Club Monaco: Save 15-20% off regular-priced items.
- Corepower Yoga: Get student discounts on classes and memberships when you show your student ID. Participation may vary.
- Dairy Queen: Discounts vary by location.
- Dell University: $100 eGift Card with $499+ system purchase.
- Denver Art Museum: Admission is $8 for college student residents and $10 if you're not a resident.
- Dominos Pizza: Various student discounts based on location.
- Eddie Bauer: 15% off on regular priced merchandise in-store with valid student ID.
- Eight Sleep: 10% off mattresses for students.
- Eurail: People 27 or younger can get a Eurail Youth Pass which gives you 20% off standard adult prices.
- Express: Get 15% off both online and in-store.
- Farmers: Students between the ages of 16-24 can qualify for a "Good Student Discount".
- FedEx: Enjoy 20-30% off with your student ID card.
- Forever 21: Students get 10% off.
- Geico: Full time students with a good academic record can be eligible for up to a 15% discount on certain coverages.
- Goodwill: 10% off in-store purchases with a student ID at participating locations.
- The GM College Discount: Offers savings on Chevrolet, Buick or GMC cars.
- Ikon Base Pass: Up to 20% off Ikon Pass multi-resort season ski pass for Colorado ski resorts.
- J. Crew: 15% off regular-priced items.
- JourneyEd: provides student discounts on computers, electronics, software, and other college necessities
- Kate Spade: Get 15% off at katespade.com when you join the student program.
- Levi's: College students can benefit from a 25% discount.
- Madewell: College students get a 15% discount when they shop in stores.
- Memphis Symphony Orchestra: Students can get one $10 ticket per concert with a student ID.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: $12 admission for students with a valid ID.
- Microsoft: Exclusive student pricing on laptops, Surface, accessories, and more.
- Missguided: Students get up to 30% off with student registration. Sale items are excluded.
- Modcloth: College students get 15% off.
- Nationwide: Students between the ages of 16 and 24 can be eligible for a "Good Student Discount".
- New England Aquarium: College students enjoy $2 off one full-priced adult Aquarium admission ticket.
- The New York Times: Enjoy a 50% off academic rate.
- Papa John’s: Discount varies by location. Participating locations only.
- Penske: College students get 10% off on all truck rentals plus an additional 10% discount if you book your one-way rental online.
- Pizza Hut: 10%-20% off varying by location. Participating locations only.
- Qdoba: Discount varies by location and is subject to restaurant participation.
- Regal Theaters: Discounts vary by location.
- Sam’s Club: Sign up for the Collegiate Annual Membership and get discounts all year.
- SMARTBOX Portable Moving & Storage: Mention that you're a student or faculty member during the free quote process and get a discount on your moving and storage services!
- SmartBuyGlasses: Students get a discount code for 12% off all sunglass and eyeglass orders over $100.
- Spotify: Spotify Premium + Hulu is $4.99 per month for students.
- Sprint: Many schools provide student discounts through Sprint Works.
- State Farm: You can get up to 25% with the "Good Student Discount".
- Subway: 10% off at participating locations.
- T-Mobile - $100 off smartphones and tablets with new line activation.
- Taco Cabana: 20% off varying by location.
- ThinkEDU: Student discounts on software, textbooks, dorm supplies, Apple products, collegiate apparel and more
- TOMS: College students are eligible to receive 15% off their purchase.
- Topshop: 20% off online orders with student verification.
- Urban Outfitters: Get 10% off online when you register here.
- Verizon: Many schools provide student discounts through Verizon. Check if you are eligible here.
- The Wall Street Journal: Students can get exclusive semester student rates and annual student rates.
- Waffle House: Participating locations only, discount may vary.
Choosing your student discount strategy is up to you, but students should be aware that there are always discounts to take advantage of. After all, our college years fly by, and "real world" prices can wait until after graduation.
Make sure to check out our compilation of Teacher Discounts that can help your favorite professors save big!
Are we missing any student discounts? Leave a comment and we will update our list!