65+ Discounts for Nurses and Nursing Students
It’s National Nurses Week. Nurses are some of the hardest-working members of our society, and they are always deserving of our appreciation. During these trying times, they are helping to save lives by risking their own, going above and beyond the call of duty that their country, or rather the world, has asked of them. We here at Brad’s Deals wanted to show our support and gratitude the best way we know how, by sharing a list of stores that offer discounts for nurses.
Estimated Reading Time: 8 Minutes
Table of Contents
- Discounts for Nurses Week 2021
- Year-Round Discounts for Nurses
- Discounts for Members of the American Nurses Association
- Discounts for NursesUSA Members
- Discounts for Members of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Discounts for Members of the National Student Nurses’ Association
Many businesses around the country offer discounts for nurses, so if you’re a nurse looking for a little financial break next time you go shopping, give the store a ring before you head out and ask whether or not they offer a discount! You’ll never know if you don’t ask, and many places (especially those within close proximity to a hospital) will be happy to chop a few bucks off your purchase price.
But we understand if you don’t feel up to asking every time you swipe your credit card, which is why we did the work for you. Here’s a list of all the places we could find that offer a discount for nurses. Keep in mind you’ll probably be asked to show your ID or another proof of employment (some stores give discounts to anyone wearing scrubs) in order to get the price cut.
While researching this list, we found that not many stores and services openly advertise a discount for nurses. Much more common are businesses that have forged partnerships with the various national nursing and medical organizations, like the American Nurses Association and NursesUSA.
So we divided this list up into a few different parts, one for general discounts available for all nurses and one for each specific nursing/medical organization. Most of these organizations are free or inexpensive to join and have benefits that go beyond retail discounts, so if you’re not a member of any of these yet, you might want to consider joining in order to reap the benefits–both professional and personal.
UPDATED May 2021
- Chipotle: Verify your ID to get a free entree (while supplies last) through May 31.
- Discount Glasses: Use code NURSES25 to get 25% off.
- Discount Contact Lenses: Use code NURSES15 to get 15% off.
- EVO Entertainment: Free movies for nurses from May 6-12.
- Samsung: In honor of Nurses Month, nurses can save up to 30% with exclusive discounts.
- Under Armour: Verify your ID to get 40% off from May 2-9. Verify your identity here.
- Adidas: Take up to 30% off at Adidas by verifying your identity.
- Alamo Car Rental: Take up to 30% off at Adidas by verifying your identity.
- Asics: Medical professionals can get 40% off all full-priced products in their online store with SheerID verification.
- AT&T: Nurses and physicians can get special rates on wireless plans.
- BikeBerry: Send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will activate your hero discount code, and you should receive an email notification once your code is activated.
- BP Fuel: Nurses can get up to 15% off per gallon for 60 days with ID verification and BPme Rewards. Verify online to receive your discount code.
- Budget Rental Cars: Get up to 25% off your rental by verifying your ID.
- Choice Hotels: Book using their special rate for essential workers. Use the search bar on their page to find participating hotels.
- Clarks: Online only, nurses can get 10% off their Clarks order by using ID verification.
- Costco: Costco is offering a $20 Costco shop card for nurses who join their membership program.
- Danform Shoes: Use code SUPERHERO20 to get 20% off shoes for health-care professionals.
- Dollar Car Rental: Registered nurses can take advantage of a 25% discount on rental cars.
- Enterprise: Enterprise offers up to 25% off for nurses.
- Ergobaby: Nurses with verified ID can get a 20% off discount off Ergobaby purchases.
- FitFlop: US and Canadian nurses who verify through ID.me get up to 25% off online.
- Gravity Blankets: All weighted blankets are 20% off for nurses through ID.me.
- Hertz: Nurses can save up to 25% off on car rentals.
- Home Chef: Nurse can use ID.me to get 50% off their first Home Chef box.
- Hotwire: Nurses can get an extra 10% off Hot Rate hotels or cars with ID verification.
- HSN: Nurses can take 15% off a single-item purchase.
- KURU Footwear: Nurses can sign up for their email list and be entered to win free shoes. Every Friday they select 5 nurses to receive $120 in KURU cash to be used towards a free pair of shoes.
- Lenovo: Verify your ID with ID.me, and nurses get an extra 5% off any order at Lenovo.
- Lululemon: North American stores offer a 25% off discount to nurses in hospitals, acute care facilities, and long-term care facilities.
- Madewell: Nurses and medical professionals can get 15% off online and in-store with ID verification and a Madewell Insider account.
- National: Nurses can take up to 25% off on car rentals with online ID verification.
- Rothy’s: Medical professionals who verify using SheerID can get a 20% discount on select styles.
- Sam’s Club: Nurses and health-care workers can shop Sam’s Club “Hero Hours” with no membership on Tuesdays from 7-9 a.m. as of April 2021.
- Saucony: Get 20% off Saucony online purchases with nurse ID online verification.
- Showtime: Nurses can get a free seven-day trial and then 50% off the first three months of their Showtime subscription.
- Skullcandy: Verify your ID via SheerID to get an exclusive 30% discount.
- Spin Scooters: Nurses and health-care workers can receive a free 30-minute ride every day by applying for this program.
- Sperry: Nurses can take 30% off after online ID verification.
- Sprint: Employees of eligible health-care companies get exclusive offers because of where they work. Check now to see if you qualify.
- Texas de Brazil: Take advantage of their Heroes’ Discount and get 20% off with a badge or ID.
- UNTUCKit: Nurses can take 25% off with online ID verification.
- Vera Bradley: Nurses get 15% off at Vera Bradley with ID.me verification.
- Wyndham Hotels: Nurses joining their Wyndham Rewards program are eligible for a complimentary GOLD status upgrade.
- YETI: Nurses and first responders can get 20% off with ID.me.
- Anchor Health Administrators: ANA members can save 5% (on top of any other available discounts) on long-term care insurance.
- Edelman Financial Services: ANA members can get a free customized financial plan and free access to financial education and resources.
- The Hartford: ANA members can get discounted term life insurance policies.
- Mercer: ANA members can take advantage of lower rates on professional liability insurance.
- Nationwide: ANA members can save up to 4% on Nationwide’s already-low rates and get $100 off deductibles when you add features like Vanishing Deductible and drive safely.
- CityPASS: NUSA members can save on CityPASS booklets that include tickets to famous attractions in cities like New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco and more!
- Last Minute Travel Club: NUSA members can save big on hotel reservations when they book through lmtCLUB.
- Office Depot/Office Max: NUSA members can save up to 80% on preferred products, get free next-day shipping on orders over $50, and have access to exclusive low printing costs.
- Mercer: STTI members can get 10% off on professional liability insurance coverage.
- Wiley Publishing: STTI members can get 35% off all products by applying offer code SDP20.
- Motel 6: NSNA members save 10% at Motel 6 locations across the US.
- Office Depot/Office Max: NSNA members can save up to 75% on preferred products, get free next-day shipping on orders over $50, and have access to exclusive low printing costs.
- Red Roof Inn: NSNA members save 15% at all Red Roof Inn locations!
- Scrubs & Beyond: NSNA members save 10% on all in-store and online purchases by applying code NSNASB10.
- Uniform City: NSNA members save 10% on in-store or online purchases by applying code NSNAUC10.
- Wyndham Hotel Group: NSNA members can save 20% on all Wyndham Hotel brands worldwide, such as Ramada, Days Inn, Super 8, TravelLodge, Planet Hollywood, and more! Make sure to mention corporate code #1000007739 when reserving your room.
There are a LOT more nursing organizations out there, most of which are specific to a certain kind of nursing, like neonatal, critical care, oncology, etc. We stuck with the ones that pretty much any kind of nurse can join for this list, but you can check out a pretty comprehensive list of nursing organizations here and browse membership benefits for each on their individual sites.
Did we miss any discounts you know about? Give us a shout in the comments and we’ll add anything that’s not already here!