30+ Discounts for Nurses and Nursing Students
Nurses are some of the hardest-working members of our society. No matter the time of day, no matter the weather, nurses are always putting in long hours, helping to save lives and make our world a better place, and they are rarely given the thanks they deserve for their efforts. Note: Citi is a partner of Brad's Deals.
That's why a lot of businesses around the country offer discounts for nurses, so if you're a nurse looking for a little financial break next time you go shopping, give the store a ring before you head out and ask whether or not they offer a discount! You'll never know if you don't ask, and many places (especially those within close proximity of a hospital) will be happy to chop a few bucks of your purchase price.
But we understand if you don't feel up to asking every time you swipe your credit card, which is why we did the work for you. Here's a list of all the places we could find that offer a discount for nurses. Keep in mind you'll probably be asked to show your ID or another proof of employment (some stores give discounts to anyone wearing scrubs) in order to get the price cut.
While researching this list, we found that not many stores and services openly advertise a discount for nurses. Much more common are businesses that have forged partnerships with the various national nursing and medical organizations, like the American Nurses Association and NursesUSA.
So we divided this list up into a few different parts, one for general discounts available for all nurses, and one for each specific nursing/medical organization. Most of these organizations are free or inexpensive to join, and have benefits that go beyond retail discounts, so if you're not a member of any of these yet, you might want to consider joining in order to reap the benefits--both professional and personal.
- Disney World -- Ask for the nurse discount when booking at the Walt Disney World Swan or Dolphin resorts. Rates can be as low as $139/night depending on availability, and you'll need to show proof of employment.
- Jigsaw Health -- Health professionals can get wholesale pricing from Jigsaw Health.
- Nature's Gift -- The aromatherapy oils company offers a 10 percent discount to all health care professionals who provide proof of license.
- New York & Co -- Save 15 percent when you show your ID at checkout.
- Sleep Number -- Nurses can take 35 percent off their purchases with proof of employment.
- Theratape -- The family-owned kinesiology taping supplies company offers a discount to health care professionals who provide proof of employment.
Discounts for members of the American Nurses Association:
- Anchor Health Administrators -- ANA members can save 5 percent (on top of any other available discounts) on long-term care insurance.
- Edelman Financial Services -- ANA members can get a free customized financial plan and free access to financial education and resources.
- The Hartford -- ANA members can get discounted term life insurance policies.
- Mercer -- ANA members can take advantage of lower rates on professional liability insurance.
- Nationwide -- ANA members can save up to 4 percent off Nationwide's already low rates, and $100/off deductibles when you add features like Vanishing Deductible and drive safely.
Discounts for NursesUSA members:
- CityPASS -- NUSA members can save on CityPASS booklets that include tickets to famous attractions in cities like New York, Boston, Chicago, San Fransisco and more!
- Hobie Sunglasses -- NUSA members get a 20 percent discount on online purchases.
- Last Minute Travel Club -- NUSA members can save big on hotel reservations when they book through lmtCLUB.
- Office Depot/Office Max -- NUSA members can save up to 80 percent on preferred products, get free next-day shipping on orders over $50, and have access to exclusive low printing costs.
- Ski Resort Discounts -- NUSA members can save anywhere from $10-$58 off lift tickets at ski resorts around the country. Examples include: Alpine Meadows, Alta Ski Resort, Bromley Mountain, Snowbird, Sugarloaf and Windham Mountain. Click the link for the full list.
- Theme Park/Zoo Discounts -- NUSA members can save up to 30 percent on admission to theme parks and zoos across the country. Examples include Knott's Theme Parks, LegoLand, the San Fransisco Zoo, Six Flags, the Bronx Zoo, and much more.
- Universal Studios (Hollywood, CA) -- NUSA members can save $20 on a tour of the world-famous studio.
Discounts for members of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing:
- Bank of America -- STTI members have access to a special BankAmericard that allows you to earn cash back on all your purchases and helps contribute to nursing research.
- Mercer -- STTI members can get 10 percent off on professional liability insurance coverage.
- Wiley Publishing -- STTI members can get 35 percent off all products with offer code SDP20.
Discounts for members of the National Student Nurses' Association:
- Cengage Learning -- NSNA members can save 25 percent on NCLEX-RN Review and Course Prep materials.
- Motel 6 -- NSNA members save 10 percent at Motel 6 locations across the US.
- Office Depot/Office Max -- NSNA members can save up to 80 percent on preferred products, get free next-day shipping on orders over $50, and have access to exclusive low printing costs.
- Red Roof Inn -- NSNA members save 15 percent off at all Red Roof Inn location!
- Scrubs & Beyond -- NSNA members save 10 percent off all in-store and online purchases with code NSNASB10.
- Uniform City -- NSNA members save 10 percent off in-store or online purchases with code NSNAUC10.
- Wyndham Hotel Group -- NSNA members can save 20 percent on all Wyndham Hotel brands worldwide, such as Ramada, Days Inn, Super 8. TravelLodge, Planet Hollywood and more! Make sure to mention corporate code #1000007739 when reserving your room.
There are a LOT more nursing organizations out there, most of which are specific to a certain kind of nursing, like neonatal, critical care, oncology, etc. We stuck with the ones that pretty much any kind of nurse can join for this list, but you can check out a pretty comprehensive list of nursing organizations here, and browse membership benefits for each on their individual sites.