What is the Best Time to Buy Patio Furniture?
March is upon us and you know what that means! For those of us who just endured months of cold winter weather, it’s time to hang up the parkas and dust off the patio furniture. To get us all prepared for patio chair lounging in the sun, we’ve put together some tips on finding the best patio furniture deals for your budget and also rounded up a few of our favorite deals for you to shop.
Best Time to Buy Patio Furniture Deals
- When to Shop for Patio Deals
- How to Find the Best Spring Patio Deals
- Where to Shop for Patio Deals
- The Best Deals on Spring Patio
- Best Deals on Outdoor Accessories
Now is a great time to start! Many stores start discounting patio furniture in March and early April. However, if you don’t see anything you like right away, there will be more sales throughout the spring and summer months.
While we expect to see sales run through the summertime, we still recommend that you shop early this year. Much like holiday decor back in October, we think patio furniture will sell earlier and faster than ever before. People are still staying home and still updating their home spaces, so if you see something you like for a fair price, go ahead and grab it.
If you aren’t in dire need of a new patio set right away for spring, we see a lot of great deals around Memorial Day. We do also see some Black Friday deals on patio sets, but fewer than we see in the early spring and during Memorial Day sales.
Bistro Set: These compact 3-piece sets, normally with two chairs and a small table, are a good deal at around $150 or less.
4-Piece Rattan Sets: These typically have two chairs, a little loveseat, and a small coffee table. Prices to look for are $250 and under.
4-Piece Acacia Wood Sets: Much like the rattan sets, these come with the same seating options and a good deal will be under $400.
Sectional Sets: The prices for these will vary and good deals can range from $500 up to $1,000. The following items are things you shoud consider when buying an outdoor patio set and will also affect the price:
- Thickness of seat cushions
- Accessories included, like throw pillows
- Are the cushion covers removable and washable?
- Is the cushion fabric fade-, mildew-, and stain-resistant like Sunbrella fabrics?
- The width of the chair seats
5-Piece Patio Dining Sets: These sets typically come with 4 chairs and a dining table. Look for prices in the $400-$600 range.
7-Piece Patio Dining Sets: An outdoor dining table with 6 chairs make up a 7-piece set and you’ll want to find something in the $600-$900 range.
Some things to take into consideration that may affect the price of an outdoor dining set:
- Do the chairs swivel or are they stationary?
- How thick are the cushions and are the covers washable?
- The frame of the set – wood or metal? Aluminum will be more affordable and lightweight and it does not rust. Steel sets will be more expensive and heavy, but make sure they are powder coated to prevent rusting. Wood sets typically run higher in price and you’ll want to make sure they’re waterproofed.
- If the tabletop is glass, make sure it is tempered for safety in case of shattering.
We look at tons of retailers every year for patio furniture deals and some of the same stores offer the best deals time and time again. For the best prices from stores you can trust, we suggest shopping at:
- Home Depot
*With Amazon be sure to check the seller and their rating. Also, confirm that the set has free shipping and free returns before ordering. The stores above automatically offer this, but Amazon will depend on the seller and set.
5pc Patio Set $429 Shipped
4pc Patio Set $429 Shipped
5pc Mainstays Patio Set $260 Shipped
4pc Patio Conversation Set $147 Shipped
8pc Patio Conversation Set $430 Shipped
Cushioned Patio Sectional. $346 Shipped
Are you planning on updating your patio this year?