75 Experience Gift Ideas For Anyone on Your List
If you’re still hunting for a perfect last-minute gift and struggling to come up with ideas, consider gifting an experience instead of a physical item. Experience gifts can be a thoughtful way to build memories that will last a lifetime. We’ve got 75 gift ideas to help you come up with the perfect experience gift for just about any hard-to-shop-for person on your list!
In This Post
- Classes & Lessons
- Outdoor Actvities
- Passes and Memberships
- Event Tickets
- Fun and Games
- Rest and Relaxation
- Miscellaneous Experience Gift Ideas
Classes & Lessons
Do you have an aspiring chef to shop for? Maybe a tennis pro in the making? Or someone who just wants to learn a new skill? Search in your area for classes and lessons and sign ’em up! Here are some popular ideas for classes and lessons you can gift:
- Cooking classes
- Painting, sculpting, art classes
- Dance lessons
- Yoga, pilates, barre, spin, or other fitness classes
- Golf, tennis, surfing, or other sports lessons
- Language lessons or software like Rosetta Stone
- Scuba certification classes
- Piano, guitar, or other musical instrument lessons
- Plant growing or floral arrangement classes
- Cocktail making class
MasterClass Membership for Lifelong Learners
Not sure which class would make the best gift? Try gifting a membership to MasterClass and let your gift recipient choose for themselves! Learn about conservation from Dr. Jane Goodall or become a green thumb with a gardening class from Ron Finley. There are hundreds of classes to choose from, with more being added each month.
If you know someone who loves learning about all the wonderful history and places their city has to offer, gift them a tour that allows them to explore different areas based on their personal interests.
- Winery tours
- Brewery tours
- Distillery tour
- Local photo tour
- Ghost tour
- Food or restaurant tour
- City tours
- Historical tours
- Architectural tours
- Sightseeing by train tour
For the outdoorsy people in your life, consider booking some excursions where they can be outside either with you or in a group (or even solo!).
- Horseback riding
- Plan a camping or glamping trip
- Book a sailing excursion
- Skiing or snowboarding
- Plan a hike and a picnic
Classes and Tours For Outdoor Lovers
REI offers a variety of tours and classes for all the outdoorsy folks on your list. Gift snowshoe tours, rock climbing lessons, or outdoor survival classes.
Just visit the REI Classes and Events page and enter your location. You’ll be shown dozens of options in your vicinity for fun experiences outside.
Passes and Memberships
Day passes and annual memberships to cultural experiences are great gifts for all ages. These are especially great gifts for kids or if your giftee has mentioned that they love visiting certain cultural places often. Some passes and memberships have discounted gift rates, especially during holidays so be sure to check for promotional pricing on their website or social media pages.
- Museum membership*
- Planetarium membership
- Aquarium membership
- Botanical garden membership
- Membership to the zoo
- A yearly pool pass
- Yearly access to a national or local park**
- Day pass or access to an amusement or water park
- An annual ski pass
- Pay their entrance fee for a race or marathon
*A Note for Museum Lovers
If membership to museums or gardens is something your gift recipient might enjoy, take a look at the North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) Association. The NARM Association is a network of hundreds of cultural institutions across Bermuda, Canada, El Salvador, Mexico and the United States and their members gain access to arts, science, history, botanical gardens, and more.
**National Park Annual Pass
An excellent gift idea for any outdoor lovers on your list, a National Parks & Federal Recreational Lands Annual Pass gives pass owners access to more than 2,000 recreation areas across the U.S. One pass is valid for two “owners” and up to 3 other adults within the same car for entry into parks and recreational areas. Kids under 16 are always admitted free. Find out more on the USGS website.
Subscription gifts are fun because they are enjoyed for quite a while. If you gift a streaming service, they can watch it daily. If you gift them a subscription box, they’ll get to enjoy something new and fun every month.
- Audible or other audiobook subscription
- Kindle Unlimited subscription
- Online fitness subscriptions like obé Fitness or Daily Burn
- A wine or beer subscription
- A subscription to Amazon Prime or Walmart+
- A coffee subscription
- Indoor plants by subscription from The Sill
- Weekly meal subscription boxes like HelloFresh or EveryPlate
- Streaming services like Disney+, HBOMax, Netflix, Hulu, or Discovery+
- Kids activity box subscriptions like KiwiCo, Little Passports, or Lovevery
Do you know their favorite band or sports team? If so, snag tickets to see a live show or live game! Not sure who they root for? Consider a gift card to Ticketmaster.
- Broadway or off-broadway shows
- A comedy show or tickets to see their favorite comedian live
- Concert tickets
- Sporting event tickets
- Movie tickets for the whole family
- Tickets to a local festival or fair
Fun and Games
These are great ideas for families or couples. Give them the gift of trying something new or enjoying something nostalgic that they haven’t done in a long time!
- Try a scavenger hunt
- Plan a group for an escape room
- Book a few hours at the bowling alley
- A few rounds of mini golf
- Take them ice skating
- Book a game of laser tag
- Buy them an astrology reading
- Plan a skydiving experience
- Reserve a bay at Top Golf
- Indoor rock climbing
Rest and Relaxation
This is the list that most excites me! If you’ve got a busy, stressed-out gift recipient, consider gifting them some rest and relaxation. Offer to babysit or cook a meal, hire a cleaner to help with their chores. Even just taking them out to dinner so they don’t have to clean dishes would be such a great gift idea.
- Book them a home cleaner
- Gift a manicure or pedicure
- Schedule them a massage
- Get them a salon gift card
- Book a day at the spa
- Offer to babysit
- Cook them dinner or take them out to dinner
- Buy them a food delivery gift card from DoorDash
- Gift them a facial
- Treat them to a night with a personal chef
Miscellaneous Experience Gift Ideas
Still not sure what to get them? Here are a few more ideas that may fit just right. Consider donating to a charity that means a lot to them or gifting them a design consultation!
- Book a session with a family photographer
- Get them a Cameo celebrity video
- Donate in their honor to a favorite charitable organization
- An interior design consultation
What is the most memorable experience gift you’ve ever received? Let us know in the comments!